WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #8

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #8 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.3 Mb)

What's new in this beta:

* Fixed bug with 100 ms' delay of slides in synchronized presentations created in previous versions of PicturesToExe. The problem is fixed now.

+ Added optimization to the new music player. It takes lesser CPU usage.

p.s. also please let me know how new very important feature of v4.10 works (Instant start of presentation, even with large mp3 files).

Igor:

Thanks for the update. Is this:

* Fixed bug with 100 ms' delay of slides in synchronized presentations created in previous versions of PicturesToExe. The problem is fixed now.

the issue that I raised about slight delays in shows at the transition between music files?

Dana

Beta #8 contains fix when time points composed in v4.01 or v3.80 were processed on 100 ms. later than it's necessary in v4.10 beta #1-#7.

About moment between two files of music tracks.

It possible very small pause in transition effects at this moment. Because CPU tries to quickly process opening of a new sound track. Here v4.10 works as v4.01, as I tested. Please let me know if it is not so!

Igor, regarding your request:

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #8 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.3 Mb)

p.s. also please let me know how new very important feature of v4.10  works (Instant start of presentation, even with large mp3 files).

I have a Mega-Music show that has 101MB of MP3 music.

In PTE v4.01 it took about 13 seconds to open

In PTE v4.10 beta #8 it opens instantly! And it plays perfectly.

:D;);) Thanks Igor!

I've downloaded and tried most of the 4.10 betas. I consistently see the following problem: In custom synchronization mode (with my own manual timings), when I play (always using a single, small (7MB) mp3 file for the music track), the show hesitates about every 12 seconds... it will pause and/or even go back

about 0.3 second and then resume from there. I don't see this in normal preview mode or after I've built the .exe.

I'm using an AMD K6-2, 400MHz with 512MB memory, Windows 200 Professional, service pack 4.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ray

Ray, does the music pause too?

I use Win 2000 Pro, SP3, with dual 400-Mhz Celeron processors. The marker on the timeline usually pauses at each new slide, but I've never had it back up, everything sounds normal, with the transitions coming in where I want them.

I suspect it is just the graphics being interrupted while an image is processed. What size images are you using? The optimum for your horsepower (and mine) seems to be around 150 kb. Anything over 200 kb will put quite a strain on the processor(s). The music, itself, does not take much processor time to function.

Dear Ray,

Thanks for letting me know about this difficulty!

Please let me know:

1) Was there similar problem with previous versions (4.01 or 3.80) of PTE?

2) Will this problem occurs if you temporary remove all transition points and then click Play button?

3) What usual size (of files in KB and width/height) of pictures?

4) Did you hear pauses in the music playback when cursor goes back or pauses on the time-line? (Thanks Al for last two questions!).

5) Will the problem also occurs with another mp3 file?

To Al

>Ray, does the music pause too?

Yes, the music pauses

to Igor

>1) Was there similar problem with previous versions (4.01 or 3.80) of PTE?

No. Even when I create or save the .pte file using a 4.10 beta, then re-open it in 4.01, the problem

doesn't reproduce. (I no longer have 3.80, so I can't answer on that.)

>2) Will this problem occurs if you temporary remove all transition points and then click Play button?

I'll try that and get back to you in 24 hours.

3) What usual size (of files in KB and width/height) of pictures?

I'm using 800x600 jpg files, each approximately 200KB

>4) Did you hear pauses in the music playback when cursor goes back or pauses on the time-line? (Thanks Al for last two questions!).

Yes

5) Will the problem also occurs with another mp3 file?

I've seen it with each of 5 mp3 files I've tested - each about 7MB

Thanks,

I'll wait for the result when there are no transition points.

1) So no problem at all in produced presentations and music DOESN'T pauses? The problem only with time-line?

3) Will the problem occurs with WAV music file (not mp3)?

p.s. please make sure that your build is "PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #8 - Your project name" (in the caption of the main window).

Dear Igor,

A member of French PTE forum asked me to tell you he cannot preview - using beta #5-7 - a presentation that has a 74 min. Mp3 file.

He had a problem on the time line with the same Mp3 in v4.01, but he says you solved it immediately. Do you remember? I don't... :D

Dear Guido,

It seems to me that he've wrote me several months ago, and we've fixed bug of v4.01/3.80 when time-line was not able to display length of music track(s) more than 60 minutes. v4.10 beta fixes this problem.

Thanks,

>I'll wait for the result when there are no transition points.

The problem disappears when there are no transition points.

>1) So no problem at all in produced presentations and music DOESN'T pauses? The problem only with time-line?

Correct

>3) Will the problem occurs with WAV music file (not mp3)?

No. I converted one of the mp3s to WAV and tThe problem disappears.

>p.s. please make sure that your build is "PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #8 - Your project name" (in the caption of the main window).

Yes, I'm currently using beta #8.

Since the same slideshows don't have a problem in v. 4.01, I can only assume that the new music player in

4.10 is too much for my 400MHz cpu when it has to decompress mp3 files and run the timeline in synchronization mode (unless someone else reports the same problem on a more powerful machine). You

may find this interesting though. On one of the slideshows, I see the problem at the very beginning, before

the timeline hits the transition to slide #2. Presumably it is doing a look ahead and preparing for that

transition, and again, my cpu can't keep up with the processing power needed to do that advanced

calculation and also decompress the mp3 in real time.

Ray

Thank you, Ray!

Very interesting!

I've tried on our special test PC (PI-233, 64 MB, Win95) and playback is excellent on the time-line (7 Mb not-VBR mp3 file). There are no pauses.

Please can you try with absolutely another mp3 files (2 or 3 Mb)?

By the way, was that mp3 file VBR or with constant bitrate?

OK I'll try it with an mp3 of that size and get back to you tomorrow.

The files I've been using have all been constant bit rate, 128Kbps, 44.1KHz, 16-bit, stereo.

Ray