creating videos with new beta

stevehurst

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just found that creating of MP4 video file never work under Windows Vista with activated User Account Protection. The program can't create file on a disc. We'll fix it in Beta 3 tomorrow.

Simpler than that Igor...

I had the same problem... As usual, I always try installing the application (setup.exe) as "Run as Administrator"...

No - I don't know why, but it usually works with Vista Premium. Now I see the mp4's, and they are amazingly sharp and clear! Nice Work!

Dick

Hey! Never did that before! Setting the priviledge level does the trick!

I just noticed that you have to run pte5.6 as admin all the time, not just for the install process!

Ah.. Igor will have this fixed in no time, but it's nice to see the new features of 5.6 right away! I can see lots of MAC users interested now that they can distribute an MP4 instead of an .exe that does not work in the Mac OS. And the mp4 is quite a bit smaller than the old way with avi's...

I'll try again with Beta 3 tomorrow but tonight with Beta 2 I just had my first experience of "Create HD Video for PC and Mac" not working - meaning it just stopped and produced no .mp4 file. I'm using Windows XP 64-bit edition (SP 2) and the only difference from when I had no problems creating .mp4 files is that I did a Wndows update yesterday.

potwnc,

In next Beta 5 you will able use 2-pass encoding of H.264 video.

And variable bit-rate, yes?

This is wonderful news. Thank you very much!

Ray

Greetings,

I have been successful in making an HD file with one of the previous 5.6Beta versions. I just tried to make an HD file with a new slideshow with Beta4 and I am not sure if it is working as it should.

This show has about 90 slides and 2 music files (about 44mb). I get the Progress Window and it shows the audio extracting going but then I see all Done's and then only the Elapsed Time meter going. I attached an image of what the progress window looks like. I let it run for almost 3 hours but then I stopped it since it did not seem it was really doing anything.

A similar show (maybe a bit smaller) only took 10 minutes before. Is 3 hours too short to wait or should the progress window be telling me something more that it is?

Gary

post-1794-1225052441_thumb.jpg

Gary,

In my limited experience of using the various "video" options of Create in v5.6 beta, that progress window is incomplete. After getting a full set of "Done"s you should have speed values against all of them and a big green tick icon in the space above them.

It looks to me as though it has not completed successfully.

regards,

Peter

Greetings,

I have been successful in making an HD file with one of the previous 5.6Beta versions. I just tried to make an HD file with a new slideshow with Beta4 and I am not sure if it is working as it should.

Gary

Gary,

First uninstall all versions of 5.6 Betas (including Beta 4) that you currently have installed. Then re-install Beta 4. I'm quite sure you will then be able to make HD videos again without any problem.

I haven't reported this as a bug before but it now seems common enough to be confirmed as some kind of problem/bug with the installation introduced, I think, with Beta 2.

Ray

Gary,

First uninstall all versions of 5.6 Betas (including Beta 4) that you currently have installed. Then re-install Beta 4. I'm quite sure you will then be able to make HD videos again without any problem.

I haven't reported this as a bug before but it now seems common enough to be confirmed as some kind of problem/bug with the installation introduced, I think, with Beta 2.

Ray

===============

Ray...

I uninstalled all 5.6 Betas, including Beta 4. Reinstalled Beta4. I reduced a slideshow that worked before down to 10 slides and no music. I tried an SD 800x600 low. Same result. I got all four 'Done' indications; there was no 'Time to end' displayed. Got nothing.

Gary

Goddi,

Please, make 3 screen shots of the explorer with the open folders and published in the forum:

1. The folder, where PTE is installed (if you have not changed the default path, it is  "C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 4")

2. Subfolder VideoBuilder in Pte folder

3. Subfolder MP4 in VideoBuilder folder

I have attached the screen shots with my own folders for example.

post-2217-1225118340_thumb.png

post-2217-1225118349_thumb.png

post-2217-1225118356_thumb.png

Goddi,

Please, make 3 screen shots of the explorer with the open folders and published in the forum:

1. The folder, where PTE is installed (if you have not changed the default path, it is  "C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 4")

2. Subfolder VideoBuilder in Pte folder

3. Subfolder MP4 in VideoBuilder folder

I have attached the screen shots with my own folders for example.

================

Sergey...

Here are my screen shots of what you requested.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

post-1794-1225123023_thumb.jpg

post-1794-1225123033_thumb.jpg

post-1794-1225123042_thumb.jpg

Goddi,

Please, upload to the forum file x264.exe from folder C:\PicturesToExe Beta4 561\VideoBuilder\MP4.

Can you create MP4 file with beta3 ?

=====================

Sergey,

I've attached the x264.exe as a zip file.

I did create an mp4 with an earlier Beta version, probably Beta3. But I have removed that version so I can not try to create an mp4 with Beta3.

Gary

x264.zip

Gary, you can have all the beta versions installed at the same time. They each go into their own folder. The only thing you need to watch for is whether you let each install change the file associations (two tick boxes on one of the install screens). I always ask for a desktop icon and always turn off the file associations at that screen. Once the install completes I rename the icon to, for example, "PTE v5.6b4" for beta 4. I've currently got all four betas installed but I only test in the latest version unless I suspect things have gone backwards in terms of a bug fix. Then I will use the older versions to check that it was working in an earlier version but isn't in the latest version. Savvy?

regards,

Peter

Gary, you can have all the beta versions installed at the same time. They each go into their own folder. The only thing you need to watch for is whether you let each install change the file associations (two tick boxes on one of the install screens). I always ask for a desktop icon and always turn off the file associations at that screen. Once the install completes I rename the icon to, for example, "PTE v5.6b4" for beta 4. I've currently got all four betas installed but I only test in the latest version unless I suspect things have gone backwards in terms of a bug fix. Then I will use the older versions to check that it was working in an earlier version but isn't in the latest version. Savvy?

regards,

Peter

=============

Peter,

Yes, I had all the Beta versions installed in their own folders. However, a previous post recommended to remove all Betas and reinstall Beta4. I tried this but it did not help. I tried to download and install the link that Igor says is Beta 3 (in this subgroup), but it seems to link to Beta4,instead. I can't find previous Beta versions to download for testing purposes.

Gary

Gary,

Igor uses the same name for the file everytime: apr-deluxe_beta.zip. So you will always get the latest beta no matter which of Igor's posts you use for the link to it. I can understand why he does this. He doesn't want a new user downloading an old beta and then finding faults that have already been reported and fixed! I always rename the zip file as it gets saved: to, for example, pte560b4.zip. And I will keep all these and all the installed betas until Igor ships the final release code and that has ahd time to prove it is stable.

You'll just have to start keeping them all again from beta5 onwards.

regards,

Peter