WnSoft Forums

Animation

Bob Copeland

I am interested to learn if it is possible for an object to change direction during animation. For example if I have an airplane travelling diagonally from bottom left can I change the direction of flight during animation so that the plane will move vertically?

Would appreciate any advice on this.

Many thanks

Bob Copeland

Hi Bob,

All you need to do is to break your animation down into steps and then program each step between a pair of keyframes. You can use the animation features (pan, zoom and rotate) in any combination that you want and can have them all take place at the same time if you wish. There are just three limitations ;

- your graphics card: older ones may not produce smooth animation on large (in pixel x pixel terms) images or on images made up of many objects

- you can work only in 2D not 3D (although Igor has hinted that 3D object animation might come in a future version of PTE - i.e. subsequent to v5.6)

- your imagination!

Have a good play! There's no substitute for trying it for yourself. To get you started, download some of Lin Evans's excellent tutorials.

regards,

Peter

Bob,

In addition to what Peter has said, if you have more than two keyframes AND change the type of PZR from LINEAR to anything else, you will need to go into the SETTING UP / SPEED OPTIONS and change each of the keyframe transition points from SEPARATE HERE to GLUE HERE.

DaveG

------------------------------------------------

Report:

Have receive two items of advice regarding direction changes during Animation.

Will try these this evening and advise on my hoped for results as soon as i can.

Many thanks to both subscribers.

Bob Copeland

------------------------------------------------

Hi Bob,

All you need to do is to break your animation down into steps and then program each step between a pair of keyframes. You can use the animation features (pan, zoom and rotate) in any combination that you want and can have them all take place at the same time if you wish. There are just three limitations ;

- your graphics card: older ones may not produce smooth animation on large (in pixel x pixel terms) images or on images made up of many objects

- you can work only in 2D not 3D (although Igor has hinted that 3D object animation might come in a future version of PTE - i.e. subsequent to v5.6)

- your imagination!

Have a good play! There's no substitute for trying it for yourself. To get you started, download some of Lin Evans's excellent tutorials.

regards,

Peter

Guest Techman1

Bob,

I have modified your post above with your response to the Moderator's link. Please simply click on the "reply" button below the message you want to respond to and that should work for you. Please only use the "Report this post to a moderator" link to report messages with content that are inappropriate for this forum (spam, sexual links, etc.).

Thank you and I'm glad you got some great idea's here from above on how to help solve your animation question.

Good luck!

-Fred

Bob,

I have modified your post above with your response to the Moderator's link. Please simply click on the "reply" button below the message you want to respond to and that should work for you. Please only use the "Report this post to a moderator" link to report messages with content that are inappropriate for this forum (spam, sexual links, etc.).

Thank you and I'm glad you got some great idea's here from above on how to help solve your animation question.

Good luck!

-Fred