WnSoft Forums

For Mac Users....

Lin Evans

Lin,

After reading your post I downloaded a trial copy of CrossOver Mac. Unfortunately PTE and its output .exe files are not supported applications under CrossOver and have to be run in unsupported mode. When I tried to 'install' a PTE .exe output file under CrossOver my whole Mac locked-up so I've decided not to pursue that approach.

Have you tried it. Any success ?

Regards,

Steve.

Lin,

After reading your post I downloaded a trial copy of CrossOver Mac. Unfortunately PTE and its output .exe files are not supported applications under CrossOver and have to be run in unsupported mode. When I tried to 'install' a PTE .exe output file under CrossOver my whole Mac locked-up so I've decided not to pursue that approach.

Have you tried it. Any success ?

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac right now but someone told me about crossover and suggested that it might be an economical solution. If other Mac users could also give the trial a try and it doesn't work then we can rule it out as a possibility for a temporary solution.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, Steven

I have a iMAC with bootcamp and Vista. works fine. use PTE and CS4 onder Vista, very stable.

If you want to use MAC and Vista at the same time, you can install parallels desktop or VMware Fusion.

Then jou can switch with a klik between MAC and Vista. the max amound of ram is then recommended

iMAC 20", 4GB ram, 256 mB ati pro video.

Luc M

Hi Luc,

On my Mac Pro I found that PTE and its .exe output slideshow files run smoothly under Boot Camp but are panning and zooming is jerky under VMWare Fusion.

This makes sense as under Boot Camp the system is really a straightforward PC running Windows. Under Fusion, or Parallels, there is all the additional overhead of running both Mac OSX and Windows at the same time.

As a starter I am hoping a future version of PTE will be able to produce a slideshow file that will runs smoothly directly on Mac OSX.

Then hopefully in the not too distant future we will see a native Mac version of PTE :P

Regards,

Steve.