WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6

Igor

I am interested to learn how you manage to provide a download of the program, direct from your web site. I have been asked my visitors to my own site if this can be made available from my own site and I wonder how I can make it possible.

Ron

Hi Ronnie

I have not spoken to you for some time but I am still around and really loving 5.6 of pte. You mentioned about the download from other websites. I would feel confident from your site but with all the virus's about i may feel a little uncomfotable using other than winsoft. I think other people could feel the same. I like to know who I am downloading from

Regards

Jean

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Davegee,

Well I am about halfway in. I am a registered member of the forum I have played with the product, but have not bought it due to the missing capability to deal with multiple monitors, in particular a second screen, not a clone.

If it can deal with the second monitor in any independent way I would buy it in a flash, but until then it is of little use to me.

Personally I do not see why this would be such a complex item to include. I was a professional programmer, retired now, and home automation/home theater is my hobby. I consult for several installers and manufacturers doing a lot of beta testing and the development of utility programs to enhance their products. I do a lot of windows development work and I just do not see the issue and why the resistance to including it. It would seem to me that a lot of formal presentation work would benefit from having this capability.

I have posted the request in the wish/suggestion list, probably more than once.

Hi Igor,

1600x1200 MP4 not working right in Classic Home Cinema - It appears 5.6 is creating the file correctly because it runs properly on Kantaris Media Player, but Classic Home Cinema 1.2.908.0 cuts off the bottom of the file and distorts the bottom at 1024x768.

Lin

In april 2008 you suggested that P2E was being converted for MACs... What is the progress on that

Ross

Ross

Quote from Igor (Admin1) below:

We're trying write as possible more common code of PicturesToExe for both versions - Windows and Mac. It vastly simplifies work on the program and reduces appearing of possible bugs. The more complex program the more we have to think about optimization of its code. Two programs (Windows and Mac) without common code is a true disaster for development.

BestWishes

We're trying write as possible more common code of PicturesToExe for both versions - Windows and Mac. It vastly simplifies work on the program and reduces appearing of possible bugs. The more complex program the more we have to think about optimization of its code. Two programs (Windows and Mac) without common code is a true disaster for development.

Just a remark: This statement has been taken from a post of admin1 from Jan. 18, this year, see here.

Regards

Xaver

Vista Taskbar Visible in P2E EXE Slideshows

I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and I was surprised when the Vista taskbar was still visible in every EXE slideshow.

Update2: More use and observation seem to indicate the problem is not with P2E, but probably the video drivers. To get the high resoultion (2048x1536) I have to use the custom settings and Vista 64bit seems to be confused by this, or store different values for the screen in different areas. Different programs show different behaviors (Irfanview covers all of the taskbar except the round windows logo, quite odd), which indicates to me they are using different techniques to acquire the desktop's dimensions and full screen mode.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Barry,

The most likely output to second display will be possible in the next version 5.7 (it is in my TODO list). But it will work well only with Windows Vista, because Windows XP has serious problems with performance when we use Direct3D mode for secondary display.

Thanks for the reply. This is like an obstacle course. I will not use windows Vista. Maybe windows 7. XP is a rock solid stable OS that does everyting I need and I am not looking for grief. I will however try it as long as you don't do anything to kill it under XP. I am not looking for anything as involved as most, just simple transitions between slides with a music line that is synced up. Maybe it will meet my needs. the PC I use is pretty powerful ( a fanless duo core intel system in a literal block box with no controsl on the front. Just two way too bright led's that are taped over with little pinholes. I need to get some neuteral density gel.

Once again thanks for the reply and I will watch for 5.7. If you want me to do a little beta work (I do that for many a/v mfg's) let me know

Hi Barry,

One of the reasons PTE has so few bugs is that we are all beta testers. Beta versions are available as they are built for all to test therefore maximizing the probability of swatting bugs before the release.

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing a problem with V 5.6. I have a number of shows created in previous versions of PTE, including some shows created in Version 4.48. The "exe" files of these shows run correctly (as you would expect) when run as separate files. However if you create a menu using Version 5.6 which calls up these old version shows, they sometimes do not run correctly. The most usual error is that the sound track plays but there are no images. Unfortunatley the problem is rather random. Sometimes the shows plays correctly and other times there is an error. To overcome the problem I have had to create a menu using Version 5.5.

I know it's been posted before that you must open an old 5.5 show in 5.6 and then save it from 5.6 to make all the O&A sequences work.

But I now have an old show that works OK in 5.5 but then when saved from 5.6 the same O&A sequence no longer works in 5.6 from any view - mini player, preview, preview from current slide etc. - and the O&A effects are very simple.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hi Ronnie

I have not spoken to you for some time but I am still around and really loving 5.6 of pte. You mentioned about the download from other websites. I would feel confident from your site but with all the virus's about i may feel a little uncomfotable using other than winsoft. I think other people could feel the same. I like to know who I am downloading from

Regards

Jean

Hello Jean,

I have not really thought about this 'fear of downloading' up until now but I do agree with you, in that it can be a real problem. As for downloading from my site, I try very hard to keep things safe by virus checking (with at least two of the main virus programs) before I post anything to my site so people can have confidence when they download from me.

Ron

After a few time I decided to recompile my show with 5.6.

I noticed that in menu the clickable items does not show the pointing hand when the mouse hovers over them,

but keep the arrow. This makes impossible for users to understand if an item is clickable, so they must try

to click every item to discover it.

Is there some kind of setting somewhere to solve this issue or is it a bug of 5.6?

Thanks in advance... Umberto

Igor,

Thanks again for a much-improved version of PTE - it is very smooth!

I noticed one little problem however - when I select a slide and try to preview using the "little slice of toast", the music starts from the beginning but the preview starts with the slide selected.

Also, when I clone a keypoint using the "+" button, I can no longer edit the pan or zoom parameters for the keypoint which was cloned - sorry if this has been discussed already, as there may be a reason for this. However, I can still edit the "opacity" and "rotate" parameters for the cloned keypoint independently of the new keypoint, so it seems strange that the pan and zoom parameters would have to be greyed out for the cloned keypoint and no longer available for editing.

Other than that, I love the features of the new program!

I know it's been posted before that you must open an old 5.5 show in 5.6 and then save it from 5.6 to make all the O&A sequences work.

But I now have an old show that works OK in 5.5 but then when saved from 5.6 the same O&A sequence no longer works in 5.6 from any view - mini player, preview, preview from current slide etc. - and the O&A effects are very simple.

Anyone else having this problem?

To demonstrate this problem I have uploaded the zip archive of a test project to www.peoplesoftheworld.org/demos/pte56test.zip.

This project was created from scratch using the latest 5.6. The O&A sequence is about as simple as it gets but the only view that gets it correct is the O&A view itself.

Igor (and anyone else) can you download it (about 2MB) and test it? Maybe something changed for 5.6 that I don't know about so I could just be taking the wrong approach.

Thanks,

Ray

To demonstrate this problem I have uploaded the zip archive of a test project to www.peoplesoftheworld.org/demos/pte56test.zip.

This project was created from scratch using the latest 5.6. The O&A sequence is about as simple as it gets but the only view that gets it correct is the O&A view itself.

Igor (and anyone else) can you download it (about 2MB) and test it? Maybe something changed for 5.6 that I don't know about so I could just be taking the wrong approach.

You're right - I experience the same result. However, if you move the "visibility" slider completely to the left so that the text starts at the beginning of the sequence, it shows up in both the preview and in the O&A window. Something not working quite the way it should.