WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6

Igor

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to help me

however, when I do that, comments and navigation are shrunk down to fit on a 500px space rather than a 1078px space and are completely covered by vertical slides

it is a work around but not the same functionality at all (that is a frustration with the software, not you btw)

Look at this post you will understand there is now no solution for what you want

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

debibelt,

Just another option:

You can use a transparent frame of native size 500x400 with an "original mode" embedding (via size/position tool). This frame can be copied into every slide. The small images then can be added as children of the frames.

But I fear that you will not like this one either!?

Best regards,

Xaver

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

Please, could you have a look on this thread : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9666

In order to sum up

- 1) behind ZoneAlarm firewall, more likely depending on ZoneAlarm parameters, clicking on a button with "action on mouse clic/Open a web page" inside a PTE exe file could lead to a PC freezed (crash?).

- 2) problems with " action on mouse clic / Open web page or Run app or open file" might be the result of a modification in PTE v5.6, the capital letters of the links are changed in lower case and that leads, in some cases, to 404 error page, or in case of youtube video page : it is not possible to reach the video file.

After having checked my config, after having uninstalled PTEv5.6.1 and reinstalled it, the problems remain the same. I confirm that the test file attached to my first post has been created with v5.6.1 and there is no problem to open it.

What should I answer to our club member who put the question on how to work with such action on mouse clic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Regarding the problem of not reaching particular Web pages on mouse click:

Already with version 5.1 it happens that URLs appear modified in the standard browser

in the way it has been reported (capital letters are changed to small ones, e.g.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/help/5.6/PicturesToExe_User_Guide_v560.pdf

is changed to http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/help/5.6/picturestoexe_user_guide_v560.pdf).

Best regards,

Xaver

Peter,

Please let me know:

- Version of Windows;

- Exact number of previous version of PicturesToExe you had installed (5.0, 5.1 or 5.5?);

- What video card installed in your PC?

Hi Igor

I am on Windows XP

I have found that I have installed:

PTX V 4.48

V 5.00 beta

V 5.00 beta 16

Sorry to be a bit thick, but how do I find out what video card I have. I have searched but to be honest I don't know what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Peter

PeterG,

Here is a little tool I made the other day that will give you your basic system info with video adapter specs.

Its not officially released as of yet ... but I might as well release it now to help you in your current need.

About

PcReport.exe - Tool for Pte users and your slideshow users

Collects basic Win Sys Info of Pc & Video and automatically saves to a ... PcReport.txt ... in the same location as this program.

No GUI, small and easy to use, runs silent and hidden from taskbar. Just double-click and wait for the PcReport.txt to appear.

Distribute the program with your PTE slideshow file. Let users email you the result PcReport.txt if they seem to be having issues running your slideshow. The report will tell you their pc and video specs ... as their pc and video may not be capable enough to run your slideshow.

Especially useful for your slideshow users not familar or unsure how to obtain the sys info you may require from their pc.

* Not for use on CD/DVD discs unless your copying the files to the harddrive.

* Let your users run the program or run it from your slideshow.

* Distribute and use as you like.

Major Note: APR 15 09

The below attached file is for use on XP user OS. Seems now I find ... Vista OS users dont get the benfits of a saved short component report from msinfo as XP OS users. Vista takes minutes vs XP of only seconds cause Vista only saves a FULL report and does not accept the additional switches to make a short report. Sorry to those Vista users who tried this simple tool to make getting sys info for Pte users short and fast. Maybe future Windows 7 will be more advanced to accept additional switches than current Vista

** I promise to make a GUI version tool which uses DXdiag this time ... for all Vista and Xp users

----------------

Save the below attachment to your pc and unzip for use.

PcReport.zip

Thanks, Igor, I'll try it as soon as possible.

This was in candidate topic :

Thank you and thanks to Wnsoft team for this new version which have some interesting features : MP4 video, new effects, sound in OA windows with pause button, masks ....

Of course, I am disapointed that 2 of my suggestions haven't be completely put, the one about mask and the one about original mode, both would have been very useful and made PTE powerful. For some works like the one above (Mon maître : 256 Mo for graphic card) or others I did, I'll be obliged to use V5.52 and then finish them with 5.6 to add mask, effects or make a MP4 file (of course I have try to do them with V5.6 but too much difficult)

Even if the masks aren't what I hoped, we can do many things with them, I have prepare two catalogues with 58 effects for each (I am working on the third one).

The templates are available and free, you can use the files in your own slideshows, but they can't be included in a template for sale neither use the original ideas about use of zoom I had (max zoom possible) to make some effects in a template for sale.

To include an effect in your slideshow, use the Hawk method, open one of the 2 templates, copy one or several slides with effects, then without close PTE open your slideshow and paste the slides, put your own photos and adjust parameters if necessary.

The links to the templates are in the Catalogue's slideshows.

Web_effets.gif

Catalogue1.gifCatalogue2.gif

Espace10.gifOne of those for which V5.6 is too difficult to use :

Mon_maitre.gif

PTE V5.6 is a very good product, it could have been a perfect product.... maybe later, I hope

Hi Jean Pierre!

I have been looking for a way to ad video to PTE and you have a short piece in the PTE were the little dog has a story to tell.

Is your Mask allows the import?

I have been asked lots of times about this in my Camera Club.

Laszlo

Laszlo,

Presently, PTE does not provide the integration of video objects, see also here and here!

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munch

Thanks a lot Xavier!

I have seen Jean-Pierrs PTE where he had two smaller windows on the left and a main one with rotating flower in piramids and cubes.

At one point there are tree little girls playing in the bottom window and that looks wery much like a video insert.

That is the reason for my post.

Laszlo

Updated version 5.6.2:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip

Changes in version 5.6.2

* Fixed two bugs (v5.6.x) with appearing of error messages in the main program of PicturesToExe and visual defects arround a slide if slideshow started under Windows XP/2000 with old version of DirectX 8.1 or earlier. Although these problems will not occur, to get hardware acceleration DirectX 9.0 or higher is required (DirectX 9.0 already included to Windows Vista and Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3).

* Fixed issue (v5.6.x) with incompatibility of created slideshows (EXE files) with Windows 98/Me.

* Fixed bug with Run application command on show of a slide.

* Fixed olg bug (v5.00-v5.6.0) when "Open Web page" action for an object converted symbols of URL to lower case.

Tom,

Maybe a small bug with preview window manual slider adjustment not updating slide timeline arrow. Preview play mode updates timeline arow. Manual scrubbing timeline arrow moves preview window arrow.

Yes, it is a bug which appeared in v5.6.0

Please try v5.6.3 Beta which contains only this fix:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup-beta.zip

PTE 5.6.2

Probably not considered a bug. The button object has axis of rotation handle that does not act like a normal rotation handle. If I hold down shift key and select center handle it moves the text instead of rotation axis. Maybe better if the button object axis could be moved instead of text like other objects or the button could be transparent to text selection so both options would work. The button can be inserted into transparent frame for rotation. Does anyone move text from center of button?

It is a logical problem. The caption is linked with central position of a button. Adding of a frame will complicate things. I need to think more about this issue.

I have another small problem with navigation bar in 5.6.2. If I press play/pause button more than one or two times during a transition the slideshow will jump to start of slide or jump to start of next slide. It seems to happen on all transition types. Using spacebar to pause slideshow does not cause problem.

I've added this issue to my TODO list for v5.7

Thanks.

Thanks, Tom.

Barry,

Will PTE ever be able to direct a full screen slide show to a monitor other than the main display, e.g. to a monitor mapped as an etended desktop?

We hope in v5.7. It is in my TODO list.

Please use "Ideas and suggestions" sub-forum for further discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

It is impossible to set true zero size for several reasons (for example to avoid errors like "division by zero"). So you can set only 0.001.

Tom,

We think it is not a bug. Imagine a starship which flies away from you to space. Initially its visual size reduces very quickly and then it stays as a dot for very long time. Using "Perspective correction" option we simulate true speed of movement of an object in 3D space.

.. Maybe perspective correction should use larger of the two values for calculations? I don't know..

Tom,

I played a little bit with a quadratic image and a quadratic screen. I've got the impression that the animation in case of "Perspective correction for Zoom" is controlled only via the horizontal axis. For a mere vertical zoom the perspective correction does not seem to have any effect. For images which keep their aspect ratio this behavior does not cause any problems.

Regards,

Xaver

Barry, I'm thinking there might be a workaround. PTE can execute a program at the slide level. i.e. for an individual slide you can check run program such as makemyprojectorprimary.exe or makemyprojector2ndary.exe . Shouldn't be too hard to make a little command stream to switch your display status around.