WnSoft Forums

Applying pans and zooms to 200-300 slides.

BrianS

Can anyone help me?

I would like to use a custom template for linearity on every slide. Is there an easier way than setting each one individually? I don't seem to be able to change the default from linear.

Dragging the green box larger for pans and zooms is very fiddly for every slide. Is there an easier way?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if you want the same pan and zoom on each slide you could set the first the way you want it and then copy and paste it as many times as necessary.

By changing the image in each of the copied slides in O&A / Properties / Picture from original to your next image you will have saved youself a certain amount of repetitive work.

There are probably other ways - I'm sure someone will jump in.

DaveG

Hi Brian,

In the Obects and Animation window take a note of your settings for first photo for Pan and Zoom in the Animations settings

and just place those settings in for other Photos, this saves the dragging, still long Process but as Dave says you may be able to copy and paste these

settings.

All the best Ray

Colin

put a bromo seltzer in that glass or a "powder" :)

ken

Ha. I went to one of those dome theaters once, where the image was projected right around the entire dome, and up to the apex. Damn film was about a motor-bike chase through narrow streets somewhere in Europe. The effect of the surround image was totally overwhelming - just a few minutes of that and I was outside losing my expensive lunch!!

Groans,

Colin

I'll second Colin's post on this subject. ;)

I think P&Z, and some of the other things in the Effects tab, can be great when applied selectively to a FEW images in a show for a good reason. Applying any effect other than a simple fade repetively in a show "debases the coinage of the realm" so to speak, and makes one wonder what the producer is intending -- is the show about photography or is it about the producer's dexterity in manipulating software controls?

Or, as several of us in our club keep telling "newbies" in our how-to-do-AV presentations, "just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you HAVE to do it, nor necessarily OUGHT to."

We've unfortunately had shows in some of our AV nights where there is a constant (and usually pretty small) P&Z effect on every image, and like Colin and Ken I've started wondering whether we shouldn't start providing bottles of Gravol at the door for the audience. <_<

THE ALTERNATIVE IS -- TOP LEFT OF MY KEYBOARD IS A KEY CALLED "ESC"

in fact i use it quite often when viewing a show that i don't have control of :(

many moons ago all you read was when is "ken Burns" effect going to be available -- Igor busts his butt to give it to us and as many said "a little bit is fine " but too much is TOO MUCH

it is the same with fades Igor has again busted his butt to give us more than enough - - what is most popular -- the plain dissolve with slight variations :(

ken