WnSoft Forums

I'm Confused about the differences between the standard and deluxe

Lynn Towns

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and I would like some advice.

I have downloaded and used trial versions of both PicturesToExe and ProShow Producer. I have decided to buy PicturesToExe, but I'm not clear whether I should buy the standard or deluxe version. The trial version of PicturesToExe is the deluxe version, so I am not positive if there are any basic capabilities (like masks) that are not included in the standard version.

It is my impression that the differences are only in the output capabilities. Is that correct? I'm assuming that the standard version will generate an .exe file that I can burn to a CD or DVD using my Nero burning software. I think that is possibly all that I need. Even though PicturesToExe will only run on a PC, I'm assuming the .exe files will also run on a Mac.

I don't perceive the need for me to output files for YouTube, Vimeo, iPhone, or iPod since I have never uploaded anything to YouTube, and I don't own an iPhone or iPod.

I need some help understanding what the HD video output in the deluxe version would do for me. Is there some quality difference that will show on a standard computer monitor? Or is that only for output that will be displayed on an HDTV? I don't own an HDTV since I don't watch TV very much.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me to clarify the differences between the standard and deluxe versions. I am willing to pay the price for the deluxe version, but it doesn't make sense to buy capability that I'll never use.

It appears that perhaps I could purchase the $49 standard version, and then purchase a $26 upgrade at a later time. Would that be equivalent to initially purchasing the $75 deluxe version? If so, there wouldn't be any penalty if I initially purchased the standard version and then decided I actually needed the deluxe version.

Lynn

Lynn,

This is perhaps not a comprehensive reply but here goes. If you only want to produce exe version of your show, you do not need to purchase the deluxe version. You will be able to do all you want with the standard version. The deluxe version allows you to produce the output in various formats so that it will play on other media than a PC. I am sure you could purchase the standard version and upgrade later if you thought these other output formats would be useful.

Note however that you will not be able to produce a show which can be transferred in DVD format onto a DVD disk to be played on a DVD player. From your query, I gues you do not want to do that. Also note that the exe file produced by Pictures To Exe WILL NOT play on a Mac, unless you have a dual operating system installed, e.g. the Mac operating system and a version of Windows.

Lynn,

This is perhaps not a comprehensive reply but here goes. If you only want to produce exe version of your show, you do not need to purchase the deluxe version. You will be able to do all you want with the standard version. The deluxe version allows you to produce the output in various formats so that it will play on other media than a PC. I am sure you could purchase the standard version and upgrade later if you thought these other output formats would be useful.

Note however that you will not be able to produce a show which can be transferred in DVD format onto a DVD disk to be played on a DVD player. From your query, I gues you do not want to do that. Also note that the exe file produced by Pictures To Exe WILL NOT play on a Mac, unless you have a dual operating system installed, e.g. the Mac operating system and a version of Windows.

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

The Wnsoft website for the deluxe version describes the capability to create "HD Video file (H.264) for PC and Mac". Does this reference to Mac mean only when a dual operating system is installed, or does PicturesToExe 5.6 include a version of VideoBuilder that converts the .exe file so any Mac can play it?

Lynn

Others are more knowledgable about this but.....

You can output to an EXE file for PC,

OR

You can create high quality Video files which will play on a MAC.

You would not need a dual boot system for that. However the original work has to be done on PC (at this time).

I have already tried this on a MAC and it works very well.

DaveG

Others are more knowledgable about this but.....

You can output to an EXE file for PC,

OR

You can create high quality Video files which will play on a MAC.

You would not need a dual boot system for that. However the original work has to be done on PC (at this time).

I have already tried this on a MAC and it works very well.

DaveG

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the information.

If VideoBuilder can create files that will run on a Mac, that may be the deciding feature for me. However, I would still like to know if the HD feature has any quality benefits or any drawbacks on a regular computer monitor?

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

The trial version of PTE that you have downloaded is the deluxe version. The trial version is fully functional, nothing left out or turned off, except that:

- you are limited to 10 images in each sequence

- if you burn a DVD-Video, it will have a scrolling text across the bottom to the effect that "This DVD was produced using a trial version of PTE"

Your purchase options are:

- Standard version - covering the PTE base code - (which removes the 10 image limit on a sequence but keeps the scrolling text on any DVD-Video)

- Deluxe version - covering the Video-Builder code - (which removes the 10 image limit and the scrolling text)

- Standard version now and upgrade to Deluxe later

The Standard version is a "licence for life" and all future upgrades to PTE base code are free. There is no automatic ship of new versions; you have to visit the WnSoft site and download them.

The Deluxe licence is, as I understand it, for a two year period with upgrades to Video-Builder free during that two year period.

When you buy the product, WnSoft will send you either one or two keys: one key if you have bought the Standard version and two keys if you have bought the deluxe version. The first key is for the PTE base code and the second key is for the Video-Builder code.

Hope that helps clarify the situation for you.

regards,

Peter

Lynn,

If VideoBuilder can create files that will run on a Mac, that may be the deciding feature for me. However, I would still like to know if the HD feature has any quality benefits or any drawbacks on a regular computer monitor?

In todays world of high speed, high quality, and high definition ... it involves alot more than just a monitors capabilities to achieve the best performance and quaility. Your other computer hardware and the software that drives it also needs to be capable.

Pte will produce the HD Video content ... but its up to your computer (including the Mac) hardware and the software capabilities to be able to play it back in the best performance and quaility. Pte produces HD Video content as a mp4 file that requires a media player with h.264 decoding. Not all h.264 decoders have the same or equal capabilities, therefore varied quality and performance can result.

See link:

MP4 export quality and playback - WnSoft Forum

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9561

Hi Lynn,

The trial version of PTE that you have downloaded is the deluxe version. The trial version is fully functional, nothing left out or turned off, except that:

- you are limited to 10 images in each sequence

- if you burn a DVD-Video, it will have a scrolling text across the bottom to the effect that "This DVD was produced using a trial version of PTE"

Your purchase options are:

- Standard version - covering the PTE base code - (which removes the 10 image limit on a sequence but keeps the scrolling text on any DVD-Video)

- Deluxe version - covering the Video-Builder code - (which removes the 10 image limit and the scrolling text)

- Standard version now and upgrade to Deluxe later

The Standard version is a "licence for life" and all future upgrades to PTE base code are free. There is no automatic ship of new versions; you have to visit the WnSoft site and download them.

The Deluxe licence is, as I understand it, for a two year period with upgrades to Video-Builder free during that two year period.

When you buy the product, WnSoft will send you either one or two keys: one key if you have bought the Standard version and two keys if you have bought the deluxe version. The first key is for the PTE base code and the second key is for the Video-Builder code.

Hope that helps clarify the situation for you.

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your excellent description. My purchase options are now very clear to me. I am now prepared to proceed with my purchase of PTE.

Lynn

Lynn,

In todays world of high speed, high quality, and high definition ... it involves alot more than just a monitors capabilities to achieve the best performance and quaility. Your other computer hardware and the software that drives it also needs to be capable.

Pte will produce the HD Video content ... but its up to your computer (including the Mac) hardware and the software capabilities to be able to play it back in the best performance and quaility. Pte produces HD Video content as a mp4 file that requires a media player with h.264 decoding. Not all h.264 decoders have the same or equal capabilities, therefore varied quality and performance can result.

See link:

MP4 export quality and playback - WnSoft Forum

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9561

Thank you for your response. This helps me to understand some things I observed. When I burned a CD of a slide show and played it using a media player on my PC, the PZR was jerky. However, when I tried the same CD on a friend's Mac it was fine. I was originally thinking only about image quality, but I can see there are other factors as well.

Thanks to all of the other forum members who posted responses, I now have my questions answered, and I can proceed with my purchase of PTE.

Lynn

Thank you for your response. This helps me to understand some things I observed. When I burned a CD of a slide show and played it using a media player on my PC, the PZR was jerky. However, when I tried the same CD on a friend's Mac it was fine. I was originally thinking only about image quality, but I can see there are other factors as well.

Thanks to all of the other forum members who posted responses, I now have my questions answered, and I can proceed with my purchase of PTE.

Lynn

It is generally a good practice to copy the program file to the computer's hard disk for presentation rather the playing it off the CD. Playing from a thumb drive is a good option too. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I'm also confused.

I have bought a de-lux version, some time ago (2007) since then I do try to upgrade to the latest version, and it is only now, that I can not use the software to its full.

OK. I understand, I have to buy an "upgrade licence", but how do I go about it?

I could not find an easy way to do it.

Thanks for your help

Sarolta

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm also confused.

I have bought a de-lux version, some time ago (2007) since then I do try to upgrade to the latest version, and it is only now, that I can not use the software to its full.

OK. I understand, I have to buy an "upgrade licence", but how do I go about it?

I could not find an easy way to do it.

Thanks for your help

Sarolta

Assuming you want to upgrade video builder?, (PTE standard is a free lifetime up-grade.) Go to the top of the page, click the Wnsoft.com short cut, this will take you to the Wnsoft site where you can buy your De-Lux up-grade which includes the latest verified version of PTE. If you just want the PTE up-grade, you don't have anything to pay. If you go to the FAQ section of PTE, there is an explanation there.

Yachtsman1

Just checked this out & there doesn't appear to be a purchase mechanism to buy the Video Builder up grade only, one for Igor. :unsure:

Assuming you want to upgrade video builder?, (PTE standard is a free lifetime up-grade.) Go to the top of the page, click the Wnsoft.com short cut, this will take you to the Wnsoft site where you can buy your De-Lux up-grade which includes the latest verified version of PTE. If you just want the PTE up-grade, you don't have anything to pay. If you go to the FAQ section of PTE, there is an explanation there.

Yachtsman1

Just checked this out & there doesn't appear to be a purchase mechanism to buy the Video Builder up grade only, one for Igor. :unsure:

Yes, I do want to have the new version of video builder, or de-lux, and no, I did not find an "upgrade" option. OK. Igor, what shall I do?

Thank you for your prompt reply

Sarolta

Sarolta,

Click the link below and scroll to the bottom:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/order.htm

Lin

Yes, I do want to have the new version of video builder, or de-lux, and no, I did not find an "upgrade" option. OK. Igor, what shall I do?

Thank you for your prompt reply

Sarolta