WnSoft Forums

Display slide

Hello!

I have an old slideshow with a lot of slides. Most of the slides are customized like slide #8 (appendix)..

Is it possible to change Display slide for (sec.) 15 0 to an other value for example (7 0) for all slides which look like #8?

I believe that 15 0 was an default value specified by me (project options?) in an older version.

Best wishes

Manfred

Slide8.doc

Manfred,

Im not om a PC that can load your doc file ... but I can provide you the normal routine to edit settings or makes changes to multiple slides from the Customize Slide.

From within your Slide List:

1-Select the Slides with your mouse you wish to make the changes while pressing and holding the keyboard CTRL key.

2-Once Slides are selected ... release the keyboard CTRL key.

3-Press Customize Slide button.

4-From the Main tab select within the timing dropdown box - Show Next Slide after Indicated Time

5-Enter your new Display Slide timing value.

6-Press OK button .

**Now all the slides you have personally selected will have the new Slide Timing.

Manfred,

Im not om a PC that can load your doc file ... but I can provide you the normal routine to edit settings or makes changes to multiple slides from the Customize Slide.

From within your Slide List:

1-Select the Slides with your mouse you wish to make the changes while pressing and holding the keyboard CTRL key.

2-Once Slides are selected ... release the keyboard CTRL key.

3-Press Customize Slide button.

4-From the Main tab select within the timing dropdown box - Show Next Slide after Indicated Time

5-Enter your new Display Slide timing value.

6-Press OK button .

**Now all the slides you have personally selected will have the new Slide Timing.

Hello nobeefstu!

Many thanks for your reply. I am not interested in changing the time of all slides.

I am only interested in changing those slides where “Use customized setting for this slide” is not crossed! These slides have an customized value of time, which can not be changed.

All other slides have an default value; for example 15,0. This is the value I want to change!

Many thanks

Manfred

Manfred,

There is no simple solution, feature, or function to perform the task you indicate.

I am not interested in changing the time of all slides.

As a note: my previous post does not change all slides ... it only changes the slides you personally selected while holding keyboard CTRL key.

---

The only other solution I know to also accomplish your task of ... I am only interested in changing those slides where “Use customized setting for this slide” is not crossed! These slides have an customized value of time, which can not be changed.

First change your Project Options | Main tab - Time Interval for New Slides to your new default time value. Press OK

Next, you must manually find the Slides that dont use the customized setting ... the bottom status bar indicates P for Slides that are customized, so you need to locate and select only the Slides that do not have a P indicator.

Once you have found and selected the above Slides (that are not customized) while using keyboard CTRL key ... Press the Customize Slide button.

Next ... press the Set Defaults button and press OK button.

** Now only the Slides you personally selected ... will now use all the new Project Options default settings .

** It can be a time consuming matter to manually locate all your non-customized Slides ... because Pte has no auto function to select or locate a particular group of Slides with specific settings and then reset a existing specific setting to a new setting.

**Work with a pte file copy and not the original file for this practice.

... Next, you must manually find the Slides that dont use the customized setting ... the bottom status bar indicates P for Slides that are customized, so you need to locate and select only the Slides that do not have a P indicator...

Hi,

The problem here may be, that a change of the time interval for a particular slide via the Customize Slide window will not necessarily make the slide's settings personal (P indicator). This happens in cases when you change (only) the time for this slide but keep the status "By default (Show next slide after indicated time interval)".

Best regards,

Xaver