WnSoft Forums

[FREE] Scroll effect

thedom

=====================> START UPDATE <=====================

I released the final demo of this effet and the template is available for free too.

TheDom-scroll-Small1.jpg TheDom-scroll-Small2.jpg TheDom-scroll-Small3.jpg

Download the last version of this demo here

You can donwload the template here for free.

Enjoy.

=====================> END UPDATE <======================

Lin posted a long time ago a demo of a scroll effect, using one of Pano's Photoshop action.

If I remember correctly, he was not totally satisfied with the result because of the PTE slide transition he used ("curling of page unrolling from top" I think).

Actually, it was a very convincing scroll opening sequence, then , in his demo, he panned the text on the scroll.

Unfortunately, I didn't find his post on the PTE forum but you can download his demo on his site : go to http://www.lin-evans.net/demo/index.html and download the scroll demo at the bottom of the page.

Anyway, I tried to simulate the same kind of effect but I would like to try to go further.

I do not wish to pan text or images, I want the whole scroll to unroll in a "realistic" way and the pictures/text displayed on the scroll to appear one after each other.

The effect is 100% manual (no slide transition used) for a better control.

I think it's much more easier to make something more realistic today because of the PTE mask feature.

Here is a quick and dirty demo of the effect. Download it here

I still need to work on it but I wanted to share with you what I already made.

As you will noticed, there are display bugs and a big problem in the middle of the sequence but it's something I can fix easily, it just need work... and time !

TheDom-Scroll-Small.jpg

Once I will be glad with the result, I will release a FREE template.

I will give you the ability to display something like 30 pictures (instead of one in the demo right now).

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Thank you for your comments.

Adda, I am back for more than a month already. ;)

I just released an improved version of this demo (same link).

The display problems are for most of them resolved.

And I totally rebuilded the opening sequence, and added a closing sequence.

May be not final before release of the template but not far...

Just fantastic Dom as always with your Photographic and Pte skills, Look foreward to the Template and would like to see

a template of how to use Masks as in your "Composition For Nature" as I seem to be a little slow picking up on the masks

Must be age I think.

All the best Ray

Thanks Ray.

I will try to release soon a very simple PTE project in order for you to undesrtand how it can be done.

Anyway, I released the final demo of this effet and the full template is available for free too.

TheDom-scroll-Small1.jpg TheDom-scroll-Small2.jpg TheDom-scroll-Small3.jpg

Download the last version of this demo here

You can donwload the template here for free.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into providing templates.

When you see how much work there is involved when you observe the objects and animations tab it is really appreciated.

I hope you keep providing this valuable resource both as free templates as well as the ones for purchase.

Kieron

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you very much for your positive comments.

I really appreciate to know that this work will be useful and that you enjoy it.

I would be grateful if you could tell me how to add in the photos to the scroll template I have downloaded from your free stuff - I have replaced the jpegs with my own and added my own text etc but I cant find out how to actually add in the photos on top of the scroll! Thanks

Joy

Hello Photofanatic,

Thank you for your interest in this template.

If I understand correctly, you would like to add more photos to the templates (which is for 20 pictures by default).

Did you try to follow the instructions I gave on the description page :

Optional modifications :

You can very easily add more pictures to this animation. Just copy slide #22 and paste it just before slide #23 as many times you want to add pictures.

For each added slide, select the picture objects (you will easily recognize them, they are between "["and "]", they are 2 of those objects per slide), and for each object, browse your HD to select an other picture. To do so, click on the folder icon (Animation tab on the upper right in the Objects and Animation window)

Please tell me exactly where is the problem in order for me (or anybody else) to help you.

If necessary, upload your zipped project (in PTE, click on File then Create Backup in ZIP), it might be easier to find out the problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi TheDom:

Thaks for share your wonderful works.

About this pte full projet, I have a question:

In my computer, the slides go very smooth, but in my classroom computer, the scroll no match. =it not work fine=.

What are the minimun computer requeriment to work fine with PictureToExe 5.6?

Excuse my poor english.

moritz.

In my computer, the slides go very smooth, but in my classroom computer, the scroll no match. =it not work fine=.

What are the minimun computer requeriment to work fine with PictureToExe 5.6?

Moritz, I am sorry but I can't tell you exactly what are exactly the computer requirement for this template.

If it doesn't run smooth on the classroom computer, there is for sure a shortage of computer power.

You can read Peter's (fh1805) FAQ on the subject : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=56722

And ask your director for more budget to buy a brand new computer... ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...