WnSoft Forums

DVD production

Bob Copeland

Hi!

I am interested to find out if it is possible to burn a DVD using PTE5.6 so that it can be viewed on television in Mission Canada.

I have a friend who has asked me to take some photogrpahs o the village that He ans i were born and brought up in as a nostalgic trip for him. He emigrated to Canada in 1958 and we were 'best pals' until he left.

can you advise if it is possible to creata a DVD which can be viewed in North America. I understood that there is some difficulty in doing so.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

Bob Copeland

Carluke

Scotland

Hi Bob,

I'm not certain where you received your information about PTE and DVD creation, but it is very incorrect.

There is no problem with PTE 5.6 or any previous versions in creating a DVD which can be viewed anywhere in the world. Since Video Builder was added in the Deluxe 5X series of PTE it has had the ability to create DVD's. Earlier versions, 4.x and before required third party software to burn the DVD but version 5X has had Video Builder as an option since release and works perfectly.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi!

I am interested to find out if it is possible to burn a DVD using PTE5.6 so that it can be viewed on television in Mission Canada.

I have a friend who has asked me to take some photogrpahs o the village that He ans i were born and brought up in as a nostalgic trip for him. He emigrated to Canada in 1958 and we were 'best pals' until he left.

can you advise if it is possible to creata a DVD which can be viewed in North America. I understood that there is some difficulty in doing so.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

Bob Copeland

Carluke

Scotland

Bob,

When you produce the DVD make sure you select 29.97 frames per second (the NTSC standard used in Canada) instead of 25 frames per second (the PAL standard used in Europe). Otherwise your friend in Canada will not be able to view the DVD on a set-top player connected to a TV.