WnSoft Forums

Preview and Preview from Current not working

dbolt

I must have set something wrong. Not sure what. P2E didn't always work this way for me. When I click Preview or Preview from Current, the images do not display properly. The first image flashes and turns to black and stops. If I click the start arrow (to the left of the stop icon), the slides are then displayed, but only in the Animation window, not the full screen view. I'm using 5.6.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a presentation at a local Audubon Society meeting this coming Tuesday. I have successfully created three short presentations, but I would like to be able to preview what I've put together without doing a Create in order to assess the transitions.

doug

Doug,

Create a zip file of your project and upload it to a file sharing web site. Then we can look at it and see what the problem is.

Doug

I think i could safely say that no more than a doz members could translate the pte.

unless there have been a bunch hiding :)

if you have been hiding -- please come out :)

off the top of my head

igor

al robinson

Jean-Pierre

nobeefstu

lin evans

jeff evans

peter appleton

tom95521

conflow

potwnc

ken

Doug

I think i could safely say that no more than a doz members could translate the pte.

unless there have been a bunch hiding :)

ken

Hi Ken,

I don't know, but I'm betting you are correct and they are probably currently off doing something more interesting than trouble shooting my PTE problem. I was responding to the request from potwnc.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a solution to the lack of a Preview and Preview from current issue. Potwnc's request did prompt me to look inside the .pte file. Kinda interesting, but I'm for sure not in the dozen you estimated.

doug

Guest Yachtsman1

On the off chance one of us "lesser" mortals could throw some light on this? Have you tried the icon to the right of the preview button? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

On the off chance one of us "lesser" mortals could throw some light on this? Have you tried the icon to the right of the preview button? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

If you mean the Preview from Current icon, yes. It behaves like the Preview icon. And, if the second or subsequent slides are highlighted, Preview flashed the slide highlighted and not the first slide.

I don't know, but the fact neither Preview or Current brings up the regular full screen display.

Thanks for you time, Yachtsman1.

doug

Doug:

5.6.3 I believe is a beta version, really just for testing, not for "live" shows. Do you get the same issue using the current release 5.6.0 ?

I assume you have tried the sometimes successful scientific solution: re-boot and try again ?

If you mean the Preview from Current icon, yes. It behaves like the Preview icon. And, if the second or subsequent slides are highlighted, Preview flashed the slide highlighted and not the first slide.

I don't know, but the fact neither Preview or Current brings up the regular full screen display.

Thanks for you time, Yachtsman1.

doug

I know it is bad form to reply to one's own reply, but I thought it would be helpful in trouble shooting this problem to point out that I went back to ver 5.11 and added a few of the same slides (I didn't use the 5.6.3 pte file) and tried Preview and Preview from Current. They both worked as expected. The full screen was displayed and the slides started properly.

Hi Douglas

I downloaded yout pte, inserted my own images to replaces the missing image files, retained all your other settings. The Pte ran perfectly i.e. full screen from Preview, and Preview from current slide, using Pte 5.6.2 on Windows XP Sp3.

I suggest you try running the Pte with the associated image files, on a different computer if you have access to one.

Alternatively post a shortened version, say four images long, and include the image files in the zip.

Regards Ken.

Hi Douglas

I downloaded yout pte, inserted my own images to replaces the missing image files, retained all your other settings. The Pte ran perfectly i.e. full screen from Preview, and Preview from current slide, using Pte 5.6.2 on Windows XP Sp3.

I suggest you try running the Pte with the associated image files, on a different computer if you have access to one.

Alternatively post a shortened version, say four images long, and include the image files in the zip.

Regards Ken.

Thanks again Ken.

I've narrowed the problem down a bit. Ver 5.5 is the newest ver that works properly for me. 5.6 and several 5.6 betas exhibit the problem, ie., fail to go to full screen mode after clicking either Preview or Preview from Current.

I will redo the three shows that I plan on giving this Tue using v 5.5. Maybe after that, I will have time to revisit the issue with 5.6. I can't believe it is a generic bug in 5.6. Anyone who uses 5.6 would see it. It is an obvious problem. But I suppose it could be a bug that is confounded with something I've done or my PC setup. It is a 2 yr old Dell XPS with 4G and XP3 fully updated.

again, thanks Ken and others.

doug

Doug,

A few tests you may want to try :

-Close PTE. Open your User Temp directory and delete any lingering PreviewPteProject.pte that may remain. PTE is suppose to replace/rebuild the preview temp file each time Preview is used. Test problem file in PTE using the Preview button functions.

- Open the Project Options - Screen tab: Disable checkbox Hardware Acceleration (D3D) . Test problem file in PTE using the Preview button functions.

- Open the Project Options - Screen tab: Change Fullscreen setting to Window Mode setting. Test problem file in PTE using the Preview button functions.

- Reset any changes back to your original settings ... and test again.

Note:

The most recent PTE build v5.63 should be considered more as a release candidate ... and not as a beta test ( There was a release v5.63 Beta with 1 fix so identified ). The latest v5.63 build contains a few important bug fixes ( no new beta material to test) for the v5.60 final release. Igor usually labels and identifies all his releases.