WnSoft Forums

Photo Order List - on-line

boxig

Photographers - check this web site !

If you are a professional photographer, now you can get your customer's order in hours by using this new web site. You can upload customer's photos and send him the link to his album. Your customer will select on-line the photos he want to print, paper type and size (which you define in your control panel) and send you the order through the web site in one click.

Free registration for 60 days trial, 10 MB space, without any obligations !!!.

Try it.

Although you can upload your images through the web site, I made a small FTP utility which you can use to upload files and connect to your account. It is free "as is".

Download here:

GFTP - Upload utility

(please notice that it is useless for any other purpose).

Granot

Guest Techman1

Although you can upload your images through the web site, I made a small FTP utility which you can use to upload files and connect to your account. It is free "as is".

Download here:

GFTP - Upload utility

(please notice that it is useless for any other purpose).

Granot

Granot,

Thank you for making this available to us. I'm currently testing this and your program (as always) is very promising! I have one question regarding uploading images to your site. I have several FTP programs that I like to use. Can we use our own FTP programs to upload images and if so, can you email the Host name and do we just use the ID and Password that we setup during registration?

Thanks again for all you do for us on this forum!

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thank you for checking this web site. I hope to read your comments in the forum. The web site is not mine but I helped a bit to build it. Images are uploading through the site and the GFTP utility (which had a bug and I have uploaded a new version) was made to simplify the uploading. Files can not be uploaded for now with any other FTP program since the webmaster keeps the FTP address secrete, since users will be able to enter easily to other members accounts. I will talk to him again about this and I'm almost sure this will be possible in the future.

To remind all, anyone can open account and try this service free for 60 days.

Granot

Hello Granot, I did ask you a while back if the new 'online' program was going to be accepted. We both worked for a long time on your own program 'Photo Order List' which I still think is the best one. This new program seems to rely on its ability to allow the photographer to upload images immediately so that customers can place orders within a few hours. This advantage will all depend on whether the photographer is using digital to take the original photographs. I still use medium format for a lot of my work and therefore I have to send the film away for developing; this means that speed is not required. Some customers will want to see a much better quality 'proof' before placing an order so the internet is not the best medium for this. With the Photo Order List program I can send a CD with a PTE style slide show. Just my own thoughts!

Thank you Ron. Yes, I understand your point. This web site is mainly for digital photos. But I think speed is required because every customer wants to see his photos as soon as possibble. Sending a CD taked days. Even photographers like you can scan images and upload the big 320x240 good quality thumbnails for customer to see and select, in addition to sending the CD. Customer can see the CD first and then use the web site to send his order.

One important point is that the order on-line allows customer to choose paper type and print size and the order you get is well arranged, each photo with its own specifications. Another point is that while waiting 2-4 days to get the CD, customer and his family can review the photos on-line and get a good idea for the photos they want to order. Then they can see the photos in full size on the CD and back to the web site to make the order.

As you said, "This new program seems to rely on its ability to allow the photographer to upload images immediately so that customers can place orders within a few hours". For photographers who use digital this is the best tool and great service for the customer.

Thank you for your comment

Granot