WnSoft Forums

PTE - Nero - Multiple Show Menu

Hawk

Sample Demo

Just a small sample of how to create a multiple show menu using Nero, were one can choose a show and have it return to the menu each time the show ends. With the option of viewing another show listed on the menu.

As a new user of Nero and creating Menu DVD's I thought others may find it helpful.

Open Picture To EXE

** Choose – File – New – Name it Project 1 - (Add 3 images) – click Vidio (lower toolbar) - check (DVD – Video Disc) – set for NTSC or PAL – Check Interlaced Video (default, recommended) – Click (Create AVI) – Name File & save to Folder of your choice – click SAVE - click (-) in box on screen to minimize PTE. (Leaving PTE open)

Start another application of PTE. (We are repeating the above with a different project name)

** Choose – File – New – Name it Project 2 - (Add 3 images) – click Vidio (lower toolbar - check (DVD – Video Disc) – set for NTSC or PAL – Check Interlaced Video (default, recommended) – Click (Create AVI) – Name File & save to Folder of your choice – click SAVE – click (-) in box on screen to minimize PTE. (Leaving PTE open)

** These temp .AVI files will automatically be deleted when done burning/writing.

Open Nero Vision - click - MAKE DVD then click - DVD VIDEO

CONTENT SCREEN:

Click - Add video files (select both files (temp .avi) created with PTE in folder were you saved them to)

Click Next

SELECT MENU SCREEN:

AT THIS POINT – click – “More” - Bottom left - opens a drop down box - see image below - (In section - Start Playback with – choose – “Menu”) also (In section When Finished Playing A Title – choose – “Jump to Main Menu”)

Image added Dec 24

)post-14-1135448060_thumb.jpg

Click – “More” - to close.

** At this point - you can leave as DEFAULT for now.

(This is the screen were you can choose settings - Background – Fonts – Buttons – Layout - etc. by clicking on the default Menu – left side of screen - later)

Click Next

PREVIEW SCREEN:

This is the Remote Preview Screen - use the remote to check shows.

Click Next

BURN OPTIONS SCREEN:

Choose - Write to Hard Disk Folder (Hard Drive) - (for test) - (choose / create a new folder to write files to) - Click at bottom – “Write”

When writing to Hard Drive is completed

You can now maximize both PTE shows – click “Finish”.

(remember the temp.avi file is automatically deleted)

** Now you can delete files from Hard Drive – in the folder were you saved the “Write to files” - there will be a Sub Folder (VIDEO_TS) - delete folder.

** And for real test - In “Burn Options Screen” - Just choose “Burn To” - Choose your Burner (instead of Write to Hard Disk Folder)

:P

Hi Hawk

Like to add my thanks. Following your instructions I have successfully copied ten of my slide shows onto DVD using Nero. The only thing I have found (and this might be due to my particular DVD Player) is that I cannot return to the menu page after each sequence in order to choose the next show. They just play one after another unless I press the "skip to next" button. However, that is no major hardship.

Thanks again and a Merry Christmas to any one reading this, especially admin1 and Bill! :D

Just to add to Ken's reply

After you have added your shows from the Content Screen click NEXT, this will bring up the Select Menu Screen. In the lower bottom left you will see a small box listed as " MORE " - click to open.

This is were you make the change to " Jump to Main Menu " under section " When finished playing a title "

post-14-1135447141_thumb.jpg

Yes if " Jump to Main Menu " is not checked, the shows just play in sequence.

This option is available in version 7 and also in version 6 that Ken runs that I am aware of.

Not sure about earlier versions.

Have edited first post and added the same image.

Let us know how you make out.

Also a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

an addition to Ralph's entries,

i am running ver 6.6 of Nero Ultra Edition -- they add little changes to each version so i cannot say that the feature is on earler versions.

If there any members with earlier versions out there please let us know if you have these features so we do not mislead others

thks

ken

I'll add my 2-cents worth here, too. I finally was able to burn 2 shows using Nero 6.0, and I too used the option Ken and Ralph just mentioned. And, it really is a "piece of cake" once you know how. There is also an option you can select to have each show preview in the little icon on the main menu while you are waiting to decide which one to select.

However, the most exciting thing for me was being able to get Pinnacle "Studio 8" to work the way I wanted it to, and managed to burn 4 shows, including a menu which actually works the way it should. There is an option in Pinnacle, too, to have the play return to the menu after each show, as well as an option for playing a clip from each show in the menu icon windows.

In order to get Pinnacle to work, I first used Pinnacle to create new "avi" files from the temporary PTE "avi" files and saved them to my hard drive. Then I went back into Pinnacle and used these new avi files as input files, and everything, including the previews, worked just fine from there on. I'm glad I finally got it to work as I prefer using Pinnacle due to their wider choice in menu features and more user-friendly timeline, complete with sound waveform. :)

I should add that the "pan" (or "push") transition in PTE translated very well into video format using Pinnacle's "Studio 8". No more jerky movement on the pans as I experienced with Nero. Mind you, in Nero I used the avi files directly from PTE, whereas with Pinnacle I converted them first to new avi files and used those for the final mix in Pinnacle.