WnSoft Forums

Can't run 5.0 Beta 8r

KGHalbe

I just downloaded 5.0 Beta Release 8r and when I try to run a preview, I get the following error message...

Exception EAccessViolation in module PTEPreview.exe at 0006255E.

Access Violation at address 0046255E in module 'C:\Program Files\Pictures2exe 5\PTEPreview.exe'. Read of address 00000020.

I have not been able to run ANY version of 5.0 beta on my Dell 4550 XP Home system. The system is about 3 years old and the video display (taken from Device Manager) is "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420"

Is this a known problem, or is it something that is wrong with my system ? I did try to re-install the beta version (downloaded 12/29/06), but that didn't help. I didn't try to make any changes to my system until I find out that it is not a known problem.

Thnak You for you attention on this matter,

KGHalbe

KGHalbe,

Please check to ensure you have DirectX version 9c installed.

Also, check to see how much video RAM you are using with your video card.

And, while you are at it, please let us know what version of operating system you are using.

Are you able to run any of the "exe" files developed in v.5 (particularly the demos provided by WnSoft when the first beta of v.5 was released)?

I suspect the main reason for not being able to run any beta of v.5 is that your system has insufficient resources.