WnSoft Forums

Computer "lock-up"

dechols

Tom,

I will have to check the PTE version. It's on another computer. The DVD is an internal one and I have burned dvd's with this one in the past. After I complete the title page and go to the next screen, that's when it locks up. I can't even go to task manager to delete the unstable programs to keep the computer alive.

Thanks for the reply.

Dennis

What version of PTE and when does videobuilder lockup (adding slideshow, creating menu, encoding)? Internal or External DVD drive?

There is a known problem with 5.7 beta 1 & 2 with videobuilder lockup if DVD drive not detected.

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

I had the same problem with 5.6, and it was my C drive that didn't have sufficient capacity for the show. I first did a disc clean, then a de-frag & gained sufficient space for the show to burn. However, just to be sure I cleared a large picture file onto my D drive which has given me 40GB of free space. No more problems. I'm sure it's just a housekeeping issue.

Yachtsman1.

Bingo!!!

Thanks Yachtsman1 and Tom.

My D:\ drive (petitioned HD) only had 11 GB I move some files and had 23 GB's and all seemed to go well.

Thanks again.

Dennis

I had the same problem with 5.6, and it was my C drive that didn't have sufficient capacity for the show. I first did a disc clean, then a de-frag & gained sufficient space for the show to burn. However, just to be sure I cleared a large picture file onto my D drive which has given me 40GB of free space. No more problems. I'm sure it's just a housekeeping issue.

Yachtsman1.