WnSoft Forums

September Port presentation

Alanweb

I recently posted a new slideshow called, "September Port". It was created with the most current version of PTE, version 4.12. Someone reported that they could see the show but not hear the music. I wonder if others had that issue. The only oddity about he show is that the music was in midi format, not mp3. However, I hear the music fine on my Windows/XP system.

No problems on my equipment Alan. Enjoyed the sequence.

Ron [uK]

Hi, Alan,

Welcome to the Forum!

I have no trouble hearing the MIDI in your show. However, not everyone has their system set up properly for MIDI, so maybe that is why you received that comment.

I played it on my external MIDI sound module, and it seemed to "find" all the instruments properly.

The only instrument which sounds a little strange is the jazz guitar (I think this is the one). The pitch seems to be a little too high for this instrument to sound normal, so it comes out a little "screechy". Leave it out and, IMHO, the music would sound very nice. Maybe I'm showing my age here! :rolleyes: Anyway, nice show!

Is there any chance that person who had no (midi) sound has their MIDI or SYNTH sound level turned down all the way or muted? Ask them to double-click the loudspeaker graphic or otherwise activate the sound controls to check MIDI/SYNTH settings. MP3 and WAV sound may work fine (they are both WAVE sound) while MIDI does not, since MIDI is produced by synthesizer hardware in the system sound card and usually has its own level and mute controls.

Alan,

When I first tried your show, I could not hear the sound either. However, I immediately realized that I didn't have my MIDI sound module turned on. :rolleyes:

Depending on one's operating system, in the Control Panel there is an option under "Sounds and Multimedia / Audio" to select which devices you want to use for "Sound recording", "Sound playback", and "MIDI".

You can also select an option there to instruct your system to only use the selected devices, so in my case, since I had this option turned on, when I tried to run your MIDI show, it would not play back through my pc speakers. :)