WnSoft Forums

MUSIC TIME CALCULATOR

Conflow

Hi All,

From time to time one has to calculate the 'total' playing time of Multiple Sound-Tracks

to coincide with a Slideshow running time. It is difficult to add more than 3/4 Tracks each

of X.mins + Y.secs to give a total Sound-Time. Yes it is possible to do this in Excel but

its 'tricky' at the best of times and nigh impossible to do if you don't know Excel.

Here below is a rare Program that can add Mins+Secs upwards of 20 entries.It also 'Prints'

out the addition's and answer and can import Numeric time values from other Programs.

Let me know if it's useful..

Brian (Conflow)

AddTime.zip

post-1416-125129734109_thumb.gif

post-1416-125129736813_thumb.gif

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'll mention it here as well. Your calculator is a very useful tool for those that need to put soundtracks together and timing is a factor. My Excel calculator does basically the same thing, but also deals with some other timing issues at the same time. Like you, I always save my music titles with the running time at the end. I don't use the dot, but simply use 4 digits. 0433 is 4min, 33sec.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'll mention it here as well. Your calculator is a very useful tool for those that need to put soundtracks together and timing is a factor. My Excel calculator does basically the same thing, but also deals with some other timing issues at the same time. Like you, I always save my music titles with the running time at the end. I don't use the dot, but simply use 4 digits. 0433 is 4min, 33sec.

Larry,

Thanks for the reply ~ I do appreciate what you are looking for ~ essentially you want to 'paste'

the Music Tracks into a Box which will show the Track-Title plus Track-Time and at the end

of a list of Tracks it shows the Total-Running Time.

The 'Accumulative Track Timer' I posted is really designed for those who don't know Microsoft-Excel

or can't configue it.

best regards,

Brian (Conflow)

essentially you want to 'paste'

the Music Tracks into a Box which will show the Track-Title plus Track-Time and at the end

of a list of Tracks it shows the Total-Running Time.

Almost... The most important thing I need is speed. With my music window open, I can grab an approximate number of tracks, drop them into the calculator basket, the total track time displays somewhere. If the total time is less than the target time by 2-3 minutes, I have what I want. If I'm short or long on time, I can see the times of each track and quickly select and delete to shorten, or drop some new tracks into it. This will take about 1 minute or less. I then select all from the calculator basket, drag them to my video-edit working folder to await the final touch, the customized exact-length ending (or beginning, if I want) to bring my soundtrack to a perfect length. This custom procedure takes relatively no time to accomplish.

-larry