WnSoft Forums

All of a sudden - file size too big

pushu

I am using PTE 5.6 and have burned countless shows (DVD video disc) for weddings with no problems. Just today when I tried to burn a show, when I hit the start button I get the error message "there is not enough free space to continue the operation" telling me I need 5.12 gig.

the show I was trying to burn, I have already burned a few copies of so I know that is not the case. I tried loading a few other shows and got the same error message (with slightly different numbers)

At the start screen - the box at the bottom gives me this info: 1.57GB/0031:12

I know the files are not too large so something else is going on and I have no clue what it is?

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? Your help is most appreciated

Guest Yachtsman1

I am using PTE 5.6 and have burned countless shows (DVD video disc) for weddings with no problems. Just today when I tried to burn a show, when I hit the start button I get the error message "there is not enough free space to continue the operation" telling me I need 5.12 gig.

the show I was trying to burn, I have already burned a few copies of so I know that is not the case. I tried loading a few other shows and got the same error message (with slightly different numbers)

At the start screen - the box at the bottom gives me this info: 1.57GB/0031:12

I know the files are not too large so something else is going on and I have no clue what it is?

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? Your help is most appreciated

Hi Pushu

There has been a recent post about this problem, which I had a few weeks ago, it was due to a resource problem on my C drive, PTE uses your C drive in it's burning process, you need to have at least 5 or 6 GB of free space on there or you get the error message. If it isn't that you will have to look elsewhere.

Yachtsman1

Thank you Yachtsman1 - your suggestion solved that problem and made me aware of another. I have a few issues with Adobe Lightroom and it seems it has basically taken over my C drive. Once I deleted a few folders and moved a few others around to make some room, I was able to burn the dvd. I never would have thought that was the problem

Good to hear from you my old friend Conflow. Your advice is alwasy right on the money... many thanks

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you Yachtsman1 - your suggestion solved that problem and made me aware of another. I have a few issues with Adobe Lightroom and it seems it has basically taken over my C drive. Once I deleted a few folders and moved a few others around to make some room, I was able to burn the dvd. I never would have thought that was the problem

Good to hear from you my old friend Conflow. Your advice is alwasy right on the money... many thanks

Glad to be of service.

Yachtsman1.

Conflow:

Looking at your attachment.... is this a screen that is already within my system or is that from other software? Although unrelated to this problem, I do think I have a memory issue with my computer

I looked at the website (iobit.com) but was unclear which product that was?

Conflow:

Looking at your attachment.... is this a screen that is already within my system or is that from other software? Although unrelated to this problem, I do think I have a memory issue with my computer

I looked at the website (iobit.com) but was unclear which product that was?

Pushu

see

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html#

i think the free one

ken