WnSoft Forums

Help stopping music to run 2nd show

paul alford

I have 1 show (running as a menu - holding for 5000 secs) and have links there to start another EXE slideshow that has its own music on it. If I have music playing (in background or 1st slide) for the menu show, it keeps playing when I click the link to the 2nd show (which plays its own music too). So I have 2 songs playing at once.

Is there a way to have menu music and have it stop, to go to the 2nd show with its own music ? THEN when the 2nd show finishes, it goes BACk to the menu with its music again ?

Thanks

Paul

You are probably not exiting your first show (the menu) when launching your 2nd show. What you are actually doing is that you are running two shows at the same time. The simplest thing to do is to set the property of the object for your 2nd show to "Run application and exit". Now have in mind that in doing this when your 2nd show ends you won't be returning to the first one (the menu). If you want to return to the 1st show after the 2nd one ends then customize the last slide of your 2nd show to "Run external application" which would be the name of your 1st show.

Play around with it and I'm sure you'll figure it out. ;)

Ray

Guest Techman1

Paul,

I have experienced this same thing. You can follow the above recommendation or go without music on the menu executable. I generally have several slide show sections within my menu, so I have to exclude the music and leave the menu open in the background. That way if someone hits the ESC key, they are immediately returned to the menu instead of exiting the program completely.

There are a few work arounds to this, but none are really easy or available (I believe) with PTE only.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Fred

Hi Paul,

If you want to create commercial grade shows using PTE, you can approach Boxig and "purchase" his utilities so that it will not show to your customers that you are providing them shareware products from Boxig. You can still avail of Boxig's utilities for testing, but being FREE, it will only allow you to see how useful his utilities are in your shows. So to avoid showing the Shareware word, they are also available in registered versions. I'm testing most of his home made tools on my pc, and I am satisfied.

One of his utilities allows you to start and stop your music anytime in your show. You can have a volume control in your slideshow. I think they are of great value if you want to add more flexibility in your show, aside from the many offered within PTE. You can run any of your show from a menu on a Cd, and have them autostart. Just so many wonderful utilities he made, makes. Fortune is waiting for you. :)

Thanks for the replies... I think for now, I will keep it simple and not have music at all in the menu part. I dont want to stop the 1st show since the menu is not the first slide in it. That would get nuts to re-see the intro to the menu everytime. Maybe that music start-stop for shows will be more comprehensive in another version or two. I might look into Boxig's utilites soon though. I just dont seem to have too much play time anymore.

Paul

Paul,

You could make your intro a separate .exe prg. which calls the menu which would be your second .exe. Then the menu could, in turn, call various shows. When each show finishes, have it run the menu, and you will avoid going back to the intro each time. Also, you could put an Exit button on the menu.

Sharon