WnSoft Forums

Who has Voice-to-Text knowledge?

rhsiao

Sorry about this off-topic, but it seems that I can't get any expert opinion on this anywhere... So I'd like to give it a try here.

I'm looking for a dictation device. Olympus came out with this very attractive voice recorder DS-330 about 6 months ago that claims to be able to, among other features, operate with IBM's ViaVoice technology/software so recorded voice files can be uploaded into a comuter, process by the software into text format.

Here is a full description:

http://www.medword.com/MedwordStore/TPC/Re...mpus_DS330.html

If it works, this would be very desirable to me. Problem is, I have not been able to find a working demonstration of this process, nor can I find any review of this particular function. My question is:

1. Does anyone have experience with this device?

2. Does anyone know any other device that achieve the same purpose?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Robert

• 4 years later...

Hi Robert

Like you I am after the very same information and finding it impossible to get !

The recorder you are mentioning dseems to be discontinued?

http://www.speakit.info/modules/ecommerce/...mp;product=view

Maybe we an find an alternative? I want it to record voiceovers for AV - also to record external sounds ie waterfall, trains in station, people chatting that sort of thing/ I have tried my built in Mic but the sound is not good enough.

Kipper

btw Robert your link is now dead!

Maybe we an find an alternative? I want it to record voiceovers for AV - also to record external sounds ie waterfall, trains in station, people chatting that sort of thing/ I have tried my built in Mic but the sound is not good enough.

I too am interested in recording, "in the field," sounds for use in AVs. Something light and portable that allows easy uploading of the files to my PC.

What equipment do others use for this and what are the results like?