WnSoft Forums

HD DVD possible with PTE ?

paul alford

I have been trying to red through the existing posts and threads but cant understand all this stuff. Can PTE now create a 1080p HD DVD ? I see in the video builder options - the format is 720x480, which is the low rez DVD. I am trying to get these shows much sharper on the DVD. Are there simple instructions out there somewhere ?

Would I have to do the actual burn in another software like Roxio ?

Thanks

Paul

I have been trying to red through the existing posts and threads but cant understand all this stuff. Can PTE now create a 1080p HD DVD ? I see in the video builder options - the format is 720x480, which is the low rez DVD. I am trying to get these shows much sharper on the DVD. Are there simple instructions out there somewhere ?

Would I have to do the actual burn in another software like Roxio ?

Thanks

Paul

The short answer is no, at the moment it cannot. When you talk about HD DVD, do you mean HD-DVD (the now defunct Toshiba standard i.e. do you have an HD-DVD player attached to your HD television - or do you have a Blu-ray player??). You can burn HD AVCHD format onto standard DVD's, but you would still need a Blu-ray player attached to your HD television in order to play them.

Do you have an HD television?? If you don't, the SD televisions are only ever capable of 722x480 pixels (NTSC) or 768x576 pixels (PAL) and I won't go into square pixels or 'fat' pixels at this point(i.e for 4:3 ratio screens or 16:9 ratio screens).

If you have an HD television, do you have a Blu-ray player?? If you don't you there is little point in trying to burn AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disks. However, there are other options available for you such as:-

1. streaming media player such as the Xtreamer or WD Media player or
  2. a television with a card slot (eg some Panasonic HD TV's accept SD cards directly to the TV and you can write your video file to the SD card)
  3. ability to connect a laptop directly to your TV (via an HDMI cable)

If you want to author the shows (i.e. create menus etc), then you would need a have a Blu-ray player and you would need another program which can stitch together the mpeg4 files which P2E creates. Software which can do this has been discussed in other threads here.