WnSoft Forums

WMA files

natyrose

I just downloaded the trial version and think this program will be fun. Only problem is that it will only let me add music with extensions .wav and .mpg... but in the help menu it says it will accept .WMA files. Is it because I just have the trial version so far? Will the full version allow me to use .WMA music files?

Thanks

natyrose,

I dont believe not having the registered version has any effect if you use WMA music files.

What will give you problems is if your WMA music files are protected.

Here a quote from a recent new user that had WMA problems:

After the fact was mentioned that some files are locked I went back to the windodws media player and learned there is a content protect button that has to be cleared before the files can be used elsewhere ...

natyrose,

I just wrestled with that problem last week. Windows media player puts a lock on files that are ripped onto XP. This is to keep others from taking the files and playing them on another computer. To defeat this lockout open Windows Media Player, click on TOOLS, click on OPTIONS, click on COPY MUSIC. In the center of the dialog box is a check box that is labeled PROTECT CONTENTS. Make sure the check mark is cleared and you should be able to use the .wma files with out any problem. At least it worked for me.

I hope this is of some help.

Grumpy

Another word of Caution in using Protected WMA files.

Just because you enabled the unlock feature to play or have the permission file to play the WMA music on your PC ... it will not play on another users PC if you want to distribute your PTE Show for others to see and enjoy.