WnSoft Forums

Windows 7 and PTE

CAnn

I know there must be an answer somewhere and maybe I'm beginning to lose some sight with my age, but I cannot seem to find anywhere about installing PTE on windows 7. I have installed PTE on my windows 7 Ultimate (x64). Should this be installed on the x32 bit version. I can't seem to find anywheres if it matters or not..?

Thanks for your help!

CAnn

I have PTE installed on a Win7 64bit system and I just ran the install program and let it take care of the location.

It installed as a 32bit application and I have been using PTE installed this way for several months now with no problems.

Guest Yachtsman1

Ditto. My W7 64 bit Professional is installed on a new machine, Installed PTE, Bit of a hiccough finding the key, but fine now after 2 months. I believe W7 64 bit Home edition is not backwards compatable with XP, so I would buy Professional at least.

Yachtsman1.

CAnn

That may be your problem. The folder for 32bit applications to install to is C:\Program Files (x86)\ not windows(x86). This is the 32bit applications default folder. For 64bit applications the location is C:\Program Files\.

As I understand it this is the same for all 64bit versions of Windows 7.

May I suggest you remove your current installation of PTE and reinstall to this folder and I think all will be OK.

I have 5 versions of PTE each installed in different folders under C:\Program Files (x86)\ and all work fine.

eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\PTE v4_49

C:\Program Files (x86)\PTE v5.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\PTE v5.6 and so on.

By the way the general convention on the forum is to allow the use of first names, it would be nice if I could address you by yours rather than CAnn.