WnSoft Forums

North Yorkshire Moors

dpletts

As you are probably aware I am very keen on ambient music etc. If you listen carefully to some of the documentaries broadcast on TV you will notice that many of them use some kind of ambient music or soundscape in the background (amongst other styles of music). So I thought I would do a 'traditional' slideshow and use some of my electronic ambient sounds. I had available some snaps taken when I spent a little time with the North Yorkshire Moors Railway in April 2007 so I put this show together. I also added some 'real' sound fx gleaned from the internet. There are 10 different sounds, 2 of which are duplicated to extend the sounds, using a total of 4 tracks. I have used the fade in/fade out/crossfade/duration etc facilities of P2E rather than prepare a soundtrack in an external program.

The show can be downloaded here.

I have also provided some (37) ambient soundscape MP3 clips of varying lengths for you to incorporate in your projects if you so wish. Download from here. (29.4MB). None of the clips are loops. I would be happy to provide more if people would like to use them.

Cheers

David P

Hi David,

Very creative stuff again.

I thought it would suffer being 1024x768,but I thought it worked spot on.

The ambient soundtrack relaxes the need for conformity imposed with traditional AVs

and allows you more freedom getting your message across.

This won't suit everybody,but I say, keep it up.

Would like to see a big screen version of on of your AVs.

Well done.

Davy

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

Davy - I used 1024x768 for two reasons:

1. I wasn't sure how good the picture quality would be on a larger screen so I played on the safe side.

2. I actually quite like pictures placed on a black background - it seems to visually enhance them. Well, thay's my excuse.

I have a new camera which can take large size images, but I haven't yet photographed anything that would make a decent slide show - I don't get out that much at the moment - but time will tell!

Ambient soundtracks are not for everyone nor for every slideshow, but I feel that the new audio facilities now included in P2E could encourage audio experimentation.

Cheers,

David P