WnSoft Forums

Jervaulx Abbey

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Seeing Peters sister abbey show stirred my brain cells and I remembered a set of pictures taken in the Autumn of 2007 before I had heard of AV or Pictures to Exe. Consequently 90% were taken in portrait mode so to put them into a show I have had to savagely crop them. They were taken with my original Nikon D300, my first DSLR using an 18-200 lens.

The slides are 5-4 ratio 1280x1024 fixed, the size is 15.55mb, runs 3m 46secs and has a piece of Palestrino the Italian monk's music.

Incidentally, Jervaulx Abbey for those non Yorkshiremen, is on the road between Leyburm & Ripon. Unfortunately it suffered more than Peter's Abbey in Henry eighth's reformation of the monastaries, consequently most of the pictures are close ups which have been exaserbated by the cropping. If you decide to visit, a mile up the road is the Brymoor Farm & Cafe, home of the best ice cream in the North. There is also a cafe at the Abbey ruins. The first two pictures I borrowed from Google.

It is a Mediafie download click http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a88d4b7caf2ca6794ff261a7f2dccd56bfe9e6c47c714ded0fb1cf4583671a87c88a1e4694471428f29988558c936b9b

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Enjoyed the presentation and the music of Palestrina. The "savage" cropping was not obvious and I'm sure probably enhanced some of the shots, which stresses my thought that the crop tool is the most important in the bag.

Mickp.

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Mick. I usually take pictures with AV in mind, so where possible compose in camera to allow cropping. Having a 15MP camera gives me plenty of scope to crop. I also use 5-4 as I don't like the widescreen format which needs a large projector screen to ensure the audience sees all the detail.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.