WnSoft Forums

Adding DV film to P2E

claire

Hi :P

I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to add DV film (camcorder) into a P2E show????

If it is possible - HOW??

I'm going away next week and will be taking my new digital video camera, and of course my camera, so it would be brilliant if I could add a few video 'clips' into my slideshow??

Also, when will we see an upgrade with the added feature of saving our shows onto a DVD??

Cheers

Claire ;)

Adding movies to PTE:

If you can double-click on the DV file to open it on your machine then there is a way. But it will only work on systems that can open that file type by double-clicking on it. That is because it takes installed software to open it. All that you have to do is use Run Application... from Customize slide or Visual object editor with action for button/image/hyperlink. Type in the full name and type of DV file in the Run application... name box. If you use the application selector button to right of box you will have to click on the box Files of type and select All files before your DV file will be selectable, however I do not recommend selecting a file this way because the selection will include drive and folder path that may exist only on your system. To run show from hard drive or CD, put both the created .EXE file and the DV file in same folder. By the way, this method can be used for almost anything that opens on a double-click.

Saving to DVD, release plans:

Igor has not announced. He has told us that he plans to add .AVI a/v file creation, from which you can make a DVD using your favorite DVD authoring software. WnSoft's history indicates that the next release will be December or January, with recent releases about 4-5 months apart. You can see the history yourself on the WnSoft web site.