WnSoft Forums

Mpeg2 conversion locks up

jeffgoodwin

I have just down loaded 6.5 and am now trying to make a dvd. as the system is doing the mpeg2 conversion when it gets to about 30% conversion the display goes black it then locks up. Any ideas what is occuring. I have rebooted etc. but it still does it

I may have done something wrong because it now works, what I did different was create an mpeg2 and iso image, I don't ever rememebber having to do that the last time i made a dvd, and the whole thing went off perfectly

I take it all back it has now stopped working again. By the way I am using Vista operating system. But I have made quite a few DVD's so I know it is meant to work ????? and it used to work !!!! Can any one out there help me please. I found that I had a sound error on all my pictures so I have modded the sound error with Add Sound but I still have 2 sound error files after I try and save the project it says

Project file has been saved but one or more files could not be found. Press <OK> to view files.

I press OK and I get another block that says:

Sound files not found

Sound:Error

Soumd:Error

Now I can not do a preview because this error comes up all the time. There is definitely something wrong here now??

• 3 weeks later...

I may have done something wrong because it now works, what I did different was create an mpeg2 and iso image, I don't ever rememebber having to do that the last time i made a dvd, and the whole thing went off perfectly

Now I am back to square one again. I have completely made a new presentation of my old presentation and now have got rid of the sound error files, but today, when I tried to make a new DVD i got the picture attached while I was trying to make the mpeg2 file.

When I try to make a DVD of a file not made under 6.5, it works properly and does not fail at the MPEG2 phase. Also I have now remade my very troublesome file under 6.0 and it now works.

Just in case any one is interested out there, I discovered when I was making the title sequence the PTV file that the picture I was using as the header which was at about 1 min.22 secs into the movie when I selected it, it was 1 min 18 secs, and every time I brought in the PTV file the picture selected was not the picture that should have been selected. I still think there must be a bug in there somewhere

post-2303-041462400 1283088225_thumb.jpg