WnSoft Forums

Disabling Print Screen Button

art franz

One of the features I like when I make a client a presentation is that I can disable the 'Prt Scr' key.

I'm making a screen saver for a customer but I notice the 'Prt Scr' key is still working. Does this only work in PicturesToExe presentations? Is there something that I'm missing here?

Speaking of Print Screen: Is there a way to edit the message that popsup when the 'Prt Scr' key is pressed? Something like, "To order a print of this image, please contact... " ?

Thanks,

Art

One of the features I like when I make a client a presentation is that I can disable the 'Prt Scr' key.

I'm making a screen saver for a customer but I notice the 'Prt Scr' key is still working. Does this only work in PicturesToExe presentations? Is there something that I'm missing here?

Speaking of Print Screen: Is there a way to edit the message that popsup when the 'Prt Scr' key is pressed? Something like, "To order a print of this image, please contact... " ?

Thanks,

Art

This won't help you, but I presume you know there are programs out there that will grab the screen whether or not the printscreen key is disabled? One such program is "Bulent's Screen Recorder" which will grab a screen image and write it to a folder with a single key press, fast enough to grab several frames a second. Basically you cannot guarantee that your images will not be copied, and only the most inexperienced computer users will give up if printscreen is disabled. If it is important enough not to want your images copied, the only safe way is not to use them. This is a truly universal problem.

Colin

PROTECT WEB IMAGES

Art,Colin and Others.

Art,

In answer to your specific query I'm afraid Colin is quite correct ~ its nearly impossible to protect your

Images if used as 'Screensavers' or indeed any Images shown within a 'Slideshow' however it is possible

to protect 'WebSite-Images' with a variety of Java-Soft Tools. (The program HTMLPass is Freeware).

Here below is a Link to Snapfiles.com who have such tools for WebSite protection:-

http://www.snapfiles.com/publishers/pullsoft/index.html

And below are some Screenshots of such programs.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-028886500 1287355793_thumb.gif

post-1416-021016200 1287355805_thumb.gif

Thanks Colin and Brian for your info.

I am aware that if some one wants to capture a screen, there are other ways besides the "Prt Scr" button.

I believe that most of the clients that I have, probably wouldn't seek out alternative methods. I use the 'Don't allow' feature in Pict2exe purely as a deterrent or precaution.

I know if someone really wants to copy my work they will find a way to do it. Just as an alarm on your car or house. If some one wants to steal the car or rob your house, they'll find a way to do it.

Art