WnSoft Forums

PTE Screen Saver

boxig

Could someone please post a comment on this screensaver Boxig just uploaded? It didn't work on my XP Home. I tried twice. I unzip it but when I click to run it, it only opened my Notepad and showed garbled characters. Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong,

To run a screen saver you need to tell your computer to run a screen saver, and to run a peticular one. This is done in the display setion of your controll pannel. You cannot run it as an .EXE file,

Alan

Thank you Sir for your input. I guess my system was affected by something. It's Notepad that's running my files ending in scr. I used to be able to view my scr files just by pressing its icon twice with my mouse. I still have to figure out again how to put my scr files into my Windows XP Home.

Sir?,

did I miss something, an honour at last :D . I dont know about XP but in 98 you ask to run a screen saver, then click browse,and the file is picked up. Thats all i know, Your Honnor, Upps, sory thats when you are in court :rolleyes:

Good luck with it,

Alan

mannybr,

I still have to figure out again how to put my scr files into my Windows XP Home.

This should be easily accomplished. If you RIGHT CLICK your .SCR files ... a pop-up menu should appear giving you several options :

Things like Test, Configure, Install, etc ...this is the way it works on W98. I cant see XP being any different, if anything it should be alot easier and better ... since everybody claims XP does everything better. :)