WnSoft Forums

Have P2E key, but not activating

Blair

I purchsed P2E yesterday (having used it for years on an old computer - I purchased new version, not an upgrade) and was promptly sent the registration key. I am having exactly the same problem Galatas had recently - in the "Pictures to Exe Deluxe 6.5" start up box I hit "Load a key". I then paste the key (with top and bottom lines as told in the email it came in) and click "activate".

A box "thankyou, your licence key is successfully loaded" comes up, P2E then briefly opens, but then after about a second goes back to the original start up box with the option for entering a key or continuing the trial version. The only way I can get P2E open is to continue the trail version - which of course does not let me do everything (and presumably will collapse after 30 days).

I read in the Galatas thread that the start of the key was incorrect. My key has only the 3 letters "PTE" on the first line. I tried copying the longer first line you gave Galatas, but that also has not worked.

I am about to go away for a month, and was hoping to get some slideshows done before I go... any quick help would be great!

Thanks.

Nothofagus,

Read this post from Igor about the new text format keys.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430

The beginning file string can be either

[PTE] (as in new text format key)

or

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE] (as in older format key)

*If you have purchased (I purchased new version, not an upgrade) ... which I suspect also includes VideoBuilder features, you may also see a

[VB] registration file sring that also gets/needs to be loaded.

Hi nobeefstu, thanks for the quick reply. I followed those instructions exactly, but it is not working in the way I described. I wonder if I have downloaded the "deluxe" version, but I only wanted (and paid for) the standard version? I downloaded the "Download PicturestoExe Delux 6.5" (8MB file). I could not find a separate link to download the standard version.

Is there a separate file I should be loading, or could it be some other problem?

Nothofagus,

Please make sure you have this version or newer ...

You need to use latest version PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.2 to load a new license key

There is no different installer/download for just a standard version. Its the type key registrations purchased that decides what features you will be enabled to use. One program built for all users.

*Ive tested several different context variations of the copy&paste method ... in all my cases the key(s) loaded correctly.

* I can only suggest at this point ... make sure your Windows USER login allows you full privileges to write to the registry.

• 4 months later...

Been having the same problem - bought deluxe licence and tried to load key for activation but it failed - sending me round in circles.

have notified PTE help but no reply as yet - pretty sure I have done it all correctly

Noted Nobeefstu's suggestion * I can only suggest at this point ... make sure your Windows USER login allows you full privileges to write to the registry". seems a bit extreme for a simple program loading task?

Any suggestions

lyricalallan,

While you are waiting for a reply

seems a bit extreme for a simple program loading task?

Any suggestions

It fairly simple to login your Administrator User Account if you have setup your Windows OS User Accounts properly. A Administrator account allows full privileges to all your OS settings. Some User Accouts may be limited (according to how you have originally set them up). This is a Windows security/protection feature so as not to allow just any User of your PC to do whatever they want.

I have no idea what your current login User Account setting is allowing or limiting you to do ... so login as Administrator to see if you are able to correctly register PTE.