WnSoft Forums

Impossible to make a exe file for mac

daniel3001

Since 1 month I changed from PC Windows XP with PTE 6,5 to Mac OSX v.10.6.6.

On my Mac I installed Parallels 6 and Windows 7 so I can continue to work with PTE. The PTE version 7.4 was downloaded 1 week ago.

Happy to say that this version works perfectly. My only problem is when I create a exe-file for Mac it doen't play on Mac (no reaction at all). For being complete the soundfiles are mp3 and exefiles for PC, HDVideo and DVDVideoDisc are working perfectly.

I would appreciate your help in sorting this out.

From Daniel, a new member on this forum

Hi Daniel, it indeed is impossible to play a exe-file on the Mac OS; exe-files are for Windows-pc's.

But if you have the Luxe version of PtE you see in the menu a command to create a PtE-show for Mac computers; that works OK for the Mac OS.

regards,

Henri.

Thanks Henri

But I have deluxe version and I used 'make exefile for Mac', but it doesn't work.

As I'm member of a Photoclub I use de exefile for Windows to play on PC and I use now the HDVideo file (.mp4) to play on Mac with QuickTime. This satisfies me for the moment but I certainly will try again.

Best regards,

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Hi Daniel, it indeed is impossible to play a exe-file on the Mac OS; exe-files are for Windows-pc's.

But if you have the Luxe version of PtE you see in the menu a command to create a PtE-show for Mac computers; that works OK for the Mac OS.

regards,

Henri.

Hi Henri, I too tried to put a Zipped App for Mac done with the DeLux version, but it doesn't work. I can see only a slideshow without audio and the single slides do advance only with the arrow keys (-> <-). Someone says where is the mistake?

Segards

Sandro

Hi Henri, I too tried to put a Zipped App for Mac done with the DeLux version, but it doesn't work.

Segards

Sandro

Hi Sandro, I think you are still trying to make a file for Windows. The zipp- file you are talking about is to have a compressed back-up of your show; all files with the extension .exe(dot exe) are for Windows computers.... You have to look in the menu under Create to make that file for your Mac, and that don't have to be a mp4!

Regards,

Henri.

Hi Henri, I too tried to put a Zipped App for Mac done with the DeLux version, but it doesn't work. I can see only a slideshow without audio and the single slides do advance only with the arrow keys (-> <-). Someone says where is the mistake?

Segards

Sandro

Dear Sandro, me too I had a similar problem. No audio and no images in the Mac version of the slideshow,only a black screen. The problem was the mp3 file.Working with Nero software I was wrongly using PowerPack Lame MP3 encoder. Now that I use mp3pro option to make mp3 files everything works correctly

Gabriele

Dear Sandro, me too I had a similar problem. No audio and no images in the Mac version of the slideshow,only a black screen. The problem was the mp3 file.Working with Nero software I was wrongly using PowerPack Lame MP3 encoder. Now that I use mp3pro option to make mp3 files everything works correctly

Gabriele

Dear Gabriele, If you are Italian, as I think, will you give me your e-mail address, so that I can write in Italian?

You can write to sapordec@gmail.com.

Thank you

Gabriele

Dear Gabriele, If you are Italian, as I think, will you give me your e-mail address, so that I can write in Italian?

You can write to sapordec@gmail.com.

Thank you