WnSoft Forums

Monkey Business

colin hill

This slide show has been lying on my PC for some time now as I have been reluctant in the past to share.

I was very lucky one Saturday morning to have spotted a troop of monkeys in my garden. I watched them making their way

over to a tree full of weaver bird nests. They then proceeded to raid the nests whilst the birds frantically tried to stop

them from eating their eggs and whatever they had in the nests.

The slide show is not of my best, has borders round the pictures and has animation in the beginning and the end.

I mention this because I know there are critics of borders and animation, so be fore-warned. :rolleyes:

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?rad3tm8d1m9w730

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Colin

At last a show within my download limit!

IMHO.

Likes, beginning & end titles, the pictures themselves were a little small for me to make out the detail, particularly as it was in widescreen & my monitor is 5x4.

Would have prefered a voice over instead of the text.

Disliked the music. I have used the track myself in one of my shows, so the track is not at problem, just its application in this instance, a different track could have made the show more up-beat. Maybe starting with the Monkies pop group theme???

These are just my thoughts.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Thought of you when I saw the slide show was under 20mb. I agree with your comments, thank you.

As I said, it was never my intention to show this publicly, but as I have not posted anything for some time, thought why not.

I have other slide shows I have produced, but these will remain on my PC for the time being. I may just tweek them a bit before

deciding to show.

Regards,

Colin

I love your casual 'I spotted a troop of monkeys in my garden attacking the weaver bird's nests'.

It sort of puts my excitement of a pair of Goldfinches and Next door's cat in My garden in perspective.

The split image way of showing the images can be very useful and successful and you made good use of what

appeared to be very few images. A commentry would help but I think the captions served very well.

I suppose your next show will be a lion chasing across your flower beds!!! your so unlucky :D

Hi Colin,

I really enjoyed watching that - nature at it's worst? Or just as it's supposed to be, I suppose. Liked (not just) the animations - liked the whole show. Music? I thought it was a pretty good choice considering the underlying sadness of the theme of the show.

Great stuff - now looking forward to the release of your archived material.

David P

Snapcam,

I hope lions do not run across my garden. Fortunately they are rare in our part of the woods.

Thank you for your comments.

David P,

I was so lucky to have had this on my doorstep and to have spotted the monkeys in our neighbourhood.

These pictures I took with my not so powerful lens through our lounge window and I could not believe what I was seeing.

The monkeys came across into our garden and I was able to take pictures of them from our kitchen back door.

We often get visits from the monkeys and I often watch them passing through the complex where we live. They do their own

thing and we all leave them alone and let nature take its course.

Thank you so much for your comments, much appreciated.

Regards,

Colin

Very pleasant to see how this animals have the posibility to live near your home .

These birds are very interesant for a photogapher !

Just a little thing : the succession of the texts in the same place of the screen give me a little difficulty ...

What other animal next time ?

daniel