WnSoft Forums

A Carol Fantasia

cgbraggjr

It's too late for Christmas, but I couldn't upload to Beechbrook (upload errors continually) in time. This is a project inspired by the music: the Fantasia on Christmas Carols by Vaughan Williams. The carols tell the Christmas story, especially the first, and so I stole classical paintings from the WWW to illustrate.

The second inspiration was the fourth carol (God Bless the Ruler of this house) which lends itself to a series of family photos. So, out came the 50-year-old polaroids and Kodachromes and modern P&S snaps. And the final inspiration was the famous Snow Globe (childhood spent in Canada), which ends the show.

I drag this out after Christmas Eve dinner with the family and it's a great hit. Three of the four "ancient ones" are no longer with us, and photos of your childhood are always appealing, so it's a good family event. Hope you enjoy.

31MB, 12:35 timing, 49 slides, 4:3 format (usually played on a DVD), full screen, mix of jpg's from the web, cruddy but restored b&w polaroids, Dad's Kodachromes, and 21st century digitals.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gi3zyudnvdqm1w

Bill, all I know is that three times the upload process terminated early. I have no idea why. I was kind of surprised when the file uploaded to Mediafire the first time.

-Argonaut

I suppose network issues somewhere out there in cyberspace. Oh well... :)