WnSoft Forums

Travel Las Vegas

gh6539

Recently TheDom offered free for a limited time the Travel Template.

Beging a great fan of "free" I promptly grabed a copy.

To put it to a test I decided to do s show on a visit to Las Vegas in 2009:

The show is in 16:9 1280x720

Length 4:13

Size 58.7 MB

Download

My many thanks to TheDom for providing this template. I hope if he see's this show he will enjoy!

Regards,

George

George -

This looks like an earlier version of this template or maybe you've made some modifications to the latest version. I use a few of THE DOM's templates myself. But, I got to say, I'm not a fan on this version or what you may have done to alter it (if it's from the current version. Like Ken, I too liked the images and to see them displayed in full screen HD aspect ratio was great. I watched a show a few days ago "postcard from Norway" where the image did not use the full width of my monitor. I don't know if the DOM's template allow for 1920x1080 image display. you should check the slideshow out, I feel it suited the template well or vice versa. What was the reason for constantly going back to the nitetime image, I got tired of seeing that one also, the image flash when it came into full view, I didn't understand that one as well. I didn't see the need to show the calender identifying a new day - the end of those animations got quite jerky. This show seemed to me, more about showing off the template than the images. I think these photos would have been better served with a more basic animation provided within PTE. Now, I could be all wrong here, this show is of your making and the one you really need to please, is you. So please take this critique to assess if any of my points are relevant, if you think not, that's OK.

FYI - I had a senior member critique a recent show of mine. As I feel about yours, he felt the presentation style was all wrong for the images I was displaying. I understood where he was coming from and then offered him an explanation of what I had purposely done and reminded him that I had already displayed similar images in the past via sequence animation that he liked. All is good.

Greg Gordon

George -

This looks like an earlier version of this template or maybe you've made some modifications to the latest version. I use a few of THE DOM's templates myself. But, I got to say, I'm not a fan on this version or what you may have done to alter it (if it's from the current version. Like Ken, I too liked the images and to see them displayed in full screen HD aspect ratio was great. I watched a show a few days ago "postcard from Norway" where the image did not use the full width of my monitor. I don't know if the DOM's template allow for 1920x1080 image display. you should check the slideshow out, I feel it suited the template well or vice versa. What was the reason for constantly going back to the nitetime image, I got tired of seeing that one also, the image flash when it came into full view, I didn't understand that one as well. I didn't see the need to show the calender identifying a new day - the end of those animations got quite jerky. This show seemed to me, more about showing off the template than the images. I think these photos would have been better served with a more basic animation provided within PTE. Now, I could be all wrong here, this show is of your making and the one you really need to please, is you. So please take this critique to assess if any of my points are relevant, if you think not, that's OK.

FYI - I had a senior member critique a recent show of mine. As I feel about yours, he felt the presentation style was all wrong for the images I was displaying. I understood where he was coming from and then offered him an explanation of what I had purposely done and reminded him that I had already displayed similar images in the past via sequence animation that he liked. All is good.

Greg Gordon

Greg,

Thanks for your comments.

1. The show was intended to demonstrate the Travel Template and my interpretation of it.

2. The tempate was used in its original form. Slide 2 where the desk, passport and tickets appear is original changing only the "travel-background"

3. I used parts of slide 2 to produce the rest of the slides. Notably I used the calendar in the day changes.

4. The flash feature is one I did not care for.

5. I can see the the repeat of the background may have been tedious.

I would like to see other presentations using this Template. My interprepation may have been way off base.

In the end I had fun doing this show and have learned from it which is what it is all about.

Many regards,

George