WnSoft Forums

Travel Las Vegas Modified

gh6539

Yeasterday I posted Travel Las Vegas using TheDom's Travel Template.

I received from the forum and other sources som comments which prompted me to make a few modifications.

1. I resized all the images making for a smaller download 11.5 MB, down from 58.7 MB

2. The Flash effect has been removed.

3. In the main imgage slides the background has been removed, placing emphasis on the image.

The show is in 16:9 1280x720

Length 4:13

Size 11.5 MB

PC Download

Regards,

George

Hi there,

On saying the following I appreciate your show was a try-out of the template, so the following comments don't really apply to your work, but more a case of a general observation. The calendar is good, but would be best reserved for a longer series of slides per day, ie a longer slide show. I also think that the transitions to a dark screen with the next slide appearing at reduced size would be better between groups of slides rather than each slide, which probably means you couldn't use the two together. I do, however, think that your show was a useful exercise both for you and the viewers. Thank you once again for your persistence and for sharing.

All the best,

David P

George

I was going to suggest also that (in the spirit of Dom's template) you maybe should use an image of 'home' not the destination as the background to the calendar and desk.

Just thinking aloud.

Thank you David & Den, your comments are most useful!

Regards

George

i enjoyed the first - this version better

we were there in '89 - quite a place and the way they build and tear down buldings is amazing - we took a tour at night with me driving to layout the route - then wife took the wheel and i did a non stop video for +- 1 hr - she never sleeps - then drove north to Reno -- the stuff you only read about - is there to see first hand from fighter jets to max security jails - -quite an area

keep your imagination going :)

ken

George

i enjoyed the first - this version better

we were there in '89 - quite a place and the way they build and tear down buldings is amazing - we took a tour at night with me driving to layout the route - then wife took the wheel and i did a non stop video for +- 1 hr - she never sleeps - then drove north to Reno -- the stuff you only read about - is there to see first hand from fighter jets to max security jails - -quite an area

keep your imagination going :)

ken

Thanks Ken,

Imagination I have, its the power of implementation that eludes me.

George

Guest Yachtsman1

I downloaded this A because we got married there in 85, not 1885 :P & B it was under 20MB.

Comments.

Too much animation for me, although it matched the ST tempo. Would have liked more wide shots & less close up. Technically, a few of the zooms jerked & there was a lot of grain. Otherwise OK.

Yachtsman1

I downloaded this A because we got married there in 85, not 1885 :P & B it was under 20MB.

Comments.

Too much animation for me, although it matched the ST tempo. Would have liked more wide shots & less close up. Technically, a few of the zooms jerked & there was a lot of grain. Otherwise OK.

Yachtsman1

Thanks,

Your comments are well taken and I will keep them in mind for the future.

Regards

Hi George,

I am not a great lover of this type of template especially when it covers the whole of the show. Some are okay as an introduction but even then I prefer them to be all my own work even if I pinch the idea from elsewhere. Of the two, I think I preferred the first one as I could put up with the flashes but did not like the black screen between images. I did not mind the repeated aerial shot of Vegas, I think it helped with the tempo of the piece. And did you lose a bit of quality in downsizing or maybe it's my imagination.

PS I hope the weather has improved.

Hi George,

I am not a great lover of this type of template especially when it covers the whole of the show. Some are okay as an introduction but even then I prefer them to be all my own work even if I pinch the idea from elsewhere. Of the two, I think I preferred the first one as I could put up with the flashes but did not like the black screen between images. I did not mind the repeated aerial shot of Vegas, I think it helped with the tempo of the piece. And did you lose a bit of quality in downsizing or maybe it's my imagination.

PS I hope the weather has improved.

Mick,

Glad to here from you. Weather here is very windy and will get dusty. That is EP.

I am beginning to believe that I should have used only the beginning slide [desk, passport, etc.] and then used a more traditional presentation of the images.

I should note that this is the way the template was presented, i.e blank slide, beginning slide, blank slide.

I did loose some quality due to downsizing.

As always I learn a bit each time.

Best to you,

George

Hi George,

The initial idea is OK but the screen blackout between slides is very distracting, i noticed in earlier comments that someone stated that "your images where grainy".

Now if you where using slides for your images the above statement would be correct but i think you are using digital images and if so grainy would become noise.

Noise is i think easier to remove from the image providing you have a good noise removal program.

Regards

Rick

George -

After commenting on the first version of your show and then viewing the most recent version, I would ask, "are you happy with the modified results"?

Do you think the resizing of the images had a negative quality impact?

Does the screen going black in-between the main images add to the flow of the show?

Does using the same nighttime image to introduce a new day a necessary feature or would using a different nighttime image add more interest?

I know you have had lots of critical comments on the original presentation and the fact that you made changes so quickly suggests to me that maybe you had some reservations on the sequence from the get-go. I'm sure you've seen many slide shows and felt that some were better than others. You need to understand why you feel some are better. Is it because of the topic, image clarity, presentation etc. Once you figure that out, I believe it will help you with future presentations.

Don't give up trying,

Greg Gordon

George -

After commenting on the first version of your show and then viewing the most recent version, I would ask, "are you happy with the modified results"?

Do you think the resizing of the images had a negative quality impact?

Does the screen going black in-between the main images add to the flow of the show?

Does using the same nighttime image to introduce a new day a necessary feature or would using a different nighttime image add more interest?

I know you have had lots of critical comments on the original presentation and the fact that you made changes so quickly suggests to me that maybe you had some reservations on the sequence from the get-go. I'm sure you've seen many slide shows and felt that some were better than others. You need to understand why you feel some are better. Is it because of the topic, image clarity, presentation etc. Once you figure that out, I believe it will help you with future presentations.

Don't give up trying,

Greg Gordon

Greg,

No I was not very pleased. I have finally got myself on the right track and a new and Final version will be coming soon, so watch for "Travel Las Vegas Final".

Regards,

George

Hi George,

The initial idea is OK but the screen blackout between slides is very distracting, i noticed in earlier comments that someone stated that "your images where grainy".

Now if you where using slides for your images the above statement would be correct but i think you are using digital images and if so grainy would become noise.

Noise is i think easier to remove from the image providing you have a good noise removal program.

Regards

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for you comments. Most appreciated.

A new and Final version will be coming soon, and I believe you will see much improvement.

By the way, it was you presentation at the Southwest Computer Conference in San Diego last year which got me started down the PTE Path. For this I Thank You.

Hope to see you at the conference this year.

Regards,

George