WnSoft Forums

Aurora Dancitora

Dusty

I don't make slideshows as often as I used to, but when I do, I come visit this forum to find reminders on how to do them! This one is on YouTube and is the result of a project that involved making a really big mess in my studio. It turned out kind of cool and I thought some here might enjoy it, so I've attached a preview image and here's the link -

flourdance.jpg

Yes, I used flash to backlight the flour and another flash to fill from the front. And we had to let the dust settle quite a bit since it would get too hazy, so keeping contrast wouldn't have been possible with video. I re-arranged the slides out of sequence to create the illusion of a fluid dance. An actual dance never even took place, just the model releasing handfuls of flour in various poses. Thanks for watching :)

Hi Dusty,

I’m surprised there has not been more comments on your AV.I thought it was excellent.

Rather than churn out the same old,same old,you have made something very original.

A great effort from the dancer,with powerful movement/poses and attitude.

The trails of flour capture the essence of movement and time.

Video would have just been wrong here,I think.

Super pics combined with a well chosen,quirky,‘twisted Circus style’ soundtrack.

Well done.

Davy.

Hi Dusty,

I agree with Davy's comment about the number of responses. My excuse for a late post is that the sound from my computer 'disappeared' until a friend forced it to co-operate again so I've only just been able to hear it as well as see it!

I also agree with the rest of his post ............ I love the photos and the effects that you've captured with the flour and light. The veiled model, as she dances in the light and clouds, creates a narrative that will be different in the mind of every person who views it. I think the stop-motion approach of this AV works really well.

Sheila G

PS. ........... I absolutely loved your choice of music! I used exactly the same track in my AV, 'Showtime' (the upload linked to this forum about 10 days ago).

Hi Dusty,

I like that: 'Crazy minds think alike!' ......... I shall take it as a compliment!

Sheila G