WnSoft Forums

System won't accept my registration key

mountain man

In years past, I had hassles with loading a PTE key. Now here we go again . . . .

I paid $34 on August 11 for an updated Video Builder, since my old key had expired. I received the correct email notice from PTE that told me how to download the program. I was told I had 14 days "before the links expire" (which would be tomorrow, August 25). Another email gave me the registration key. I followed the directions precisely. Here are the directions I was given:

1. Run VideoBuilder (Start menu -> All programs -> PicturesToExe Deluxe -> VideoBuilder).

2. The program will ask for the license key. Click "Load a Key" button.

3. Copy the license key above (including both the KEY BEGIN and the KEY END lines) and paste into the window of VideoBuilder.

4. Click "Activate" button.

5. Restart VideoBuilder.

First of all: There is NO option to "paste" the license key "into the window of VideoBuilder." The only option you are given is to locate a file in which the license key resides.

When I do that -- identify a file that holds the key -- I receive the immediate rude response: "Invalid or damaged key!"

What's going on? I'm exasperated, of course, but thank you in advance for correcting this problem, as I know your support has always been very good in the past.

Don

Don,

Please state which build version of PTE you are trying to "Load a Key"

Since your new VB key is in the new text format ... you need to use version PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.2 or newer to load the new VB license keys. Are you using a older version of PTE ?

In years past, I had hassles with loading a PTE key. Now here we go again . . . .

I paid $34 on August 11 for an updated Video Builder, since my old key had expired. I received the correct email notice from PTE that told me how to download the program. I was told I had 14 days "before the links expire" (which would be tomorrow, August 25). Another email gave me the registration key. I followed the directions precisely. Here are the directions I was given:

1. Run VideoBuilder (Start menu -> All programs -> PicturesToExe Deluxe -> VideoBuilder).

2. The program will ask for the license key. Click "Load a Key" button.

3. Copy the license key above (including both the KEY BEGIN and the KEY END lines) and paste into the window of VideoBuilder.

4. Click "Activate" button.

5. Restart VideoBuilder.

First of all: There is NO option to "paste" the license key "into the window of VideoBuilder." The only option you are given is to locate a file in which the license key resides.

When I do that -- identify a file that holds the key -- I receive the immediate rude response: "Invalid or damaged key!"

What's going on? I'm exasperated, of course, but thank you in advance for correcting this problem, as I know your support has always been very good in the past.

Don

Hello,

New registration key with the instructions has been sent to your e-mail address. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reply to my e-mail.

Kind regards,

Many thanks to Alena, Ken and nobeefstu for your timely help with my problem. I've downloaded the new key sent by Alena, so my former PTE 6.0.4 is now upgraded to 6.5.8, and I again have access to VideoBuilder.

Don