WnSoft Forums

Johannesburg Zoo

colin hill

Hi all,

On our visit to Johannesburg earlier this month to visit friends, the kids wanted to visit the

Johannesburg Zoo. The last time I visited the zoo, must have been over 40 years ago.

I was very impressed with the variety of animals, including the "big five" and the birds.

We had a very enjoyable day there and this presentation consists of photographs I took on our visit.

Keyboard control has been enabled.

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?1bhrhktnfv5yxgq

Hi Colin,

Enjoyed your zoo shots particularly the babboons. Zoos are not the easiest places to do photography and it looks that you had really harsh light to deal with, so well done. A good show put together well and I liked the music.

Colin,

Back to Africa whilst sitting in my study in Cheshire! I never got round to seeing the zoo when we used to travel down to Jo'burg but it's nice to know that it is still going. Even though it is winter there, it did not look too cold and everything looks dry as normal - I envy your trip.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Paul

Thank you for the comments.

Mick,

The light was a bit harsh at times, but not too bad. You will note most of the animals were sleeping. This was because most had been fed

and it was midday, obviously their sleeping time. This made it easier to photograph them. I too loved the baboons and chimps. They cuddled

together because of the cold and to get some warmth.

Paul,

It was the typical Jo'burg winter weather when we were there. It was good to see some of the trees still had their leaves. Pity you did not

get a chance to see the zoo. I was very impressed with it and you need a whole day to be able to see everything.

Colin