WnSoft Forums

"Corsica to the Costas"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Following a prod from Lennart I have decided to publish our story, warts & all, of our experiences buying a Moody 40 sailing yacht in Corsica, After an extensive re-fit, sailing to the French mainland then, over the next 9 months, coast hopping south to Aguadulce in the Costa del Sol.

Mechanics, 500 + slides, 125mb, slide size fixed at 1024x768, 61 minutes run time. Numerous music files including a voice over. 90% of the pictures were taken at low res on the original Fuji almost a Dslr camera, with very little knowledge of editing. The show was up-dated last year, the pictures edited & a new sound track via Audacity added. It contains many family photos so no apologies for that. The sequal, "Homeward Bound" has also been re-made & if Lennart likes this one I may add the final part. Warning, scenes of partial nudity at the end of this one. B)

Mediafire download http://www.mediafire.com/?i1ni57ir3b9h6

Yachtsman1.

My motto, Don't wait until your ship comes in, Sail out to meet it. :ph34r:

Eric

no need for excuses -- with what you put up with, you did a masterfull job

thankfully you enabled manual control for nature calls :)

the van job must have seemed like a piece of cake after the ship mess

-- have you ever tracked down the seller and give him a piece?

BUYER BEWARE - should be the title

glad you got real high speed connection

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

The 10th anniversery of the sale passed earlier this year. I had it in my mind to tackle the previous owner when we finally sold the boat, but never did. The complexity & costs of a civil action put me off. Ironically, we now live within 10 miles of where he lived, suffice it to say if I ever meet up with him, he will remember the meeting.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thanks Eric!

What a trip and what an adventure.

In St Cyprian I got seasick. Like Ken the interval came as a relief.

In all I was reminded of my 40 years in motorracing.

Lots of ups and downs. The final shot came as a shock. :P

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Lennart.

Got the SX30 today, took me an hour to fit the neckstrap, then another hour to fathom how to remove the hot shoe cover, hope the rest is much easier. First impressions OK. B)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

ERIC

did you let Margaret have a go or is the neck strap tangled in your watch band like handcuffs :rolleyes:

you'll likely take it to bed and whisper in the viewfinder "you be good or i'll dump ya" B)

tomorrow night you will have a good handle on it :D

ken