WnSoft Forums

Saddleworth Morris Men & Rushcart 2

SheilaG

Hi Everyone,

My latest AV sequence is an update of one I made earlier this year.

In this one I've included a couple of video clips and also changed the background soundtrack to one I recorded myself, at this year's festival.

The video camera that I have is only relatively low spec so at 100% the display is significantly smaller that our screen sizes. I've tried to include them within appropriate frames without zooming and lowering their quality stil further. Also, where the movement was too fast for the camera to capture it properly, I've introduced appropriate 'stills'. The stills were taken from the video and then put through a 'painterly' filter in Photoshop. I then re-introduced them into the video at approximately one frame per second. It works for me because I feel it captures the mood but accept that it might not work for everyone!!

I've saved a .exe file to Dropbox and, as some people seem to have problems opening .exe files, I've uploaded a version to YouTube

Hope you like it,

Sheila G

Runtime : 5min 35secs

Ratio:16:10

Projection: 1680 x 1050

File size 87MB

Download from Dropbox HERE

Watch on YouTube

Yes, I for one certainly did enjoy it! I love the way you have presented this with the frames and the postcard pile effect.

Just one small point - the close-ups (which I assume to be frames from the video) produce a distracting shimmer that is a bit tiring to my eyes.

Hi Sheila,

Personally I have yet to be convinced of the Aesthetic benefits of mixing video with stills and despite all the feedback on the techical aspects of Igor's new baby, I have yet to see any evidence in the form of good A/V's. You have made a valiant attempt and the use of the frames helps, however, I did not think that this added anything to your original effort, although I did like your recorded music. I know you probably did this as a test but really there is little point, if you are going to do it, to use poor quality video next to superior quality photos.

HI,

Thanks for your feedback which, as ever, is valid and welcome as personal opinions for me to take on board and think about.

ContaxMan ........... The 'shimmer' on the stills, which I admit I don't like either, is only apparent on the Youtube upload and not on the exe file when I view the AV.

I'm still not convinced by the use of the stills in that sequence but wanted to bring in the excitement of the moment as they dragged the rushcart round the corner. I will be taking it to a club evaluation next week so I'm hoping for some useful feedback that evening.

Mickp ...... Thanks for your feedback, which I have taken on board. However, please forgive me, but your own preferred way of constructing an AV is not really for me, although I'm only too happy to accept your personal right to like or dislike my own sequences.

Incidentally, I would love to be in the happy postition of being able to buy a decent video camera but that isn't an option for me.

Regards,

Sheila G