WnSoft Forums

Liverpool Anglican Cathedral

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Braving the strike pickets, we drove to Liverpool yesterday to take photographs. The day was dull & drizzley, which again with the lack of artificial lighting was not condusive to good photography. The Anglican cathedral is as different as chalk from cheese to the Catholic Cathedral visited last week. The Anglican being more on traditional lines despite being built in the 20th century. I was now sporting a cheepo Chinese angled view finder which I hoped would help with some shots of to roof. First time I moved the camera it fell off onto the marble floor, smashing the flimsey cover, hopefull superglue will fix it? We set both cameras a 400 ISO to hopefully combat the very dim lighting.

After an hour & a half, proceedings stopped to attend the short Communion service held every weekday at 12.30, then it was a lack lustre lunch in the restaurant, not as good as last weeks offerings. Finally the drive back to Southport to download the results.

Mechanics

Size 31MB. 71 slides, run time 9 minutes, 5 music tracks, one voice over. Aspect ratio 5-4 slide size fixed, this time it is a joint effort.

Must go back next spring to do the tower at dusk tour which sounds stunning.

Mediafire down load http://www.mediafire.com/?eb1pp7le93o6eql

Yachtsman1

Eric,

A very good show and striking photographs. The main stained glass window is magnificent.

Drove past the cathedral when last in Liverpool, but unfortunately never got a chance to visit.

The voice over was good with a clear tone of voice.

All in all a very good effort, thanks for sharing.

Colin

ERIC

great collection - you have had practice so your voice was clear - the details you picked up of the stone work was great

the only thing i could not make out was the pink writing under the one window - it may be written in Gaelic ?

i put it up on the 37" screen and varied the format -- no grain apparent

thanks for the manual control

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks both, I tried a bit more on this one.

Ken, I think what you are referring to is the illuminated writing, it actually reads in English "I felt you and I know that you loved me" which is a little strange. It features on the Cathedral home page on their web site. See attached pic. Also added one the wife took while my back was turned. It gives you more idea of the size of the place.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-62485400-1322777614_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-91684800-1322777976_thumb.jp

Braving the strike pickets, we drove to Liverpool yesterday to take photographs. The day was dull & drizzley, which again with the lack of artificial lighting was not condusive to good photography. The Anglican cathedral is as different as chalk from cheese to the Catholic Cathedral visited last week. The Anglican being more on traditional lines despite being built in the 20th century. I was now sporting a cheepo Chinese angled view finder which I hoped would help with some shots of to roof. First time I moved the camera it fell off onto the marble floor, smashing the flimsey cover, hopefull superglue will fix it? We set both cameras a 400 ISO to hopefully combat the very dim lighting.

After an hour & a half, proceedings stopped to attend the short Communion service held every weekday at 12.30, then it was a lack lustre lunch in the restaurant, not as good as last weeks offerings. Finally the drive back to Southport to download the results.

Mechanics

Size 31MB. 71 slides, run time 9 minutes, 5 music tracks, one voice over. Aspect ratio 5-4 slide size fixed, this time it is a joint effort.

Must go back next spring to do the tower at dusk tour which sounds stunning.

Mediafire down load http://www.mediafire.com/?eb1pp7le93o6eql

Yachtsman1

Eric,

Your slideshow bought back fond memories of our recent trip back to Liverpool - in particular it was my first visit inside of the Cathedral.

It's difficult to comprehend the vastness once inside.

Your slideshow it excellent, we found it fascinating to watch.

Here is an image taken early evening when we were there

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?0kg32nh6n62n12w

Cheers

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Pestmaster.

Our first boat Tranquillity was moored in Coburg Wharf of Liverpool Marina with a view of the Cathedral for 12 months, on w/end stop-overs we would listen to the bells from the Cathedral. Unfortunately, my physical condition this trip didn't warrant going up to the bell tower & roof, which hopefully we can do next year.

Nice picture BTW.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.