WnSoft Forums

MP4 no audio

Gman1969

Hello Everyone,

well I have been trying for days to create a DVD with video builder with embedded PTE's and video. The main issue I get is either choppy video (AVI files) or when using MP4 video I get no sound with the video. I can create the MP4 output directly from the PTE files no problem. When I create a DVD with a custom menu the video is as above.

Can anyone help I am at the end of my tether with it! I have no work around.

Thanks,

Gareth

Gareth,

Mixing different video encoding proceeses into single video format can get confusing and very complicated to achieve the best results.

First of all:

Are you trying to burn/produce an interlaced DVD or a progressive DVD ?

* Mixing of intelaced/progessive video formats can produce the "choppy" effect you mention.

* Its best to have all input video at the same framerate (fps) and video format (interlaced/progressive) to match your export video (DVD) process. Mixing the various processes can result in undesirable results if they are not compatible in the final output mix.

* Input video/audio codecs used should be compatible to the output conversion process you select.

Final word:

Check the File Info of your input video files (right-click within PTE). Check for differences.

* It may only be that your input AVI video format file needs to be interlaced or progressive to match your output DVD video format (interlaced or progressive). You can change/force the setting within PTE/Video Builder to see if playback results are better. Test the DVD for PC playback and TV/DVD playback ... as the results may be different on various playback devices.

* Check the audio codec used for the input MP4 video file ... its possible it may not be compatible with your output DVD audio format selected. Change the Video Builder-Project Options setting and test DVD audio playback results for the input MP4. Otherwise, you may need to encode the MP4 using a different audio codec.