WnSoft Forums

Floating a slideshow onto an extended desktop

barrygordon

I have an extensive Home Theater which has been recently changed to use a single PC to control the theater and also run my own movie librarian software and my P2E Slideshows. The system is configured with a dual monitor output with the desktop extended across the two monitors.

The PC places control and status information about the theater on a dedicated monitor (VGA) and places the librarian output on a second monitor which is actually a HD 1080p projection system. The monitors are aligned at the top and the projector is to the right of the smaller dislay. Ergo the projectors coordinates on the extended desktop are (1024,0).

If I run an exe, the system places the output at 0,0. I would like to be able to have the slideshow exe of P2E place its output at 1024,0 not 0,0. Can this be done?

As an alternate way of doing this, I could Build a DVD file on my Hard Drive and have my DVD player play the file. Or build an AVI file and play it in a small frame at the coordinates I desire. Neither of these seems as flexible as being able to float the position of the slide show onto an extended desktop as I could not just run a visitors P2E exe file.

Any Help appreciated