WnSoft Forums

Silverstone 2010

snapcam

Its been a while since I put anything up so here is a sequence I made 2010 that I still enjoy watching.

'Silverstone 2010'

www.beechbrook.com/pte/

Very vibrantly paced show and did hold my attention and was nice that you had fitted the photo's to the music at the appropriate sequences, and the music worked well. It is a pity that the public always seem to be behind wire fences these days at this type of event and interrupts the field of vision when panning. However, you did manage to get some good shots without the wire. Have you been to the Festival of Speed at Goodwood? that does allow you to take great shots without fencing in the way . Thanks for the show anyway and hope to see more motoracing presentations.

Paul

Thanks to those who made comments both here and directly by e.mail , Ken and Paulo.

Can I take a little time to explain the purpose of the sequence and in the process perhaps give a pointer to those new to A.V.

The sequence was designed around the F1 British Grand Prix weekend. This means it is not primarily about the event i.e. the race, itself.

It should convey the excitement and bustle we experienced at this terrific event. First time at F1 having followed it for 20yrs on t.v. :o

To this end there are a lot of shots covering crowd activity because this is what we experienced, it is important to show crowd interaction with the Air Display and the Drivers parade or the buying frenzy at the merchandising stalls.

The F1 race itself, lasting only 1.5/2 hours from the whole weekend is observed from a fixed seat often as in my case behide safety wire which severely restricts what useable shots we get. The rest is filled out using supporting races or practice/qualifying laps when we have the freedom to move about the course.

The result I hope gives the audience a feeling of what it is like to be there ( thanks Rick ;)and conveys what gave us such pleasure. This takes it beyond a simple motor event slide show and hopefully can be enjoyed by people who would have no interest in motor sport.

I hope it will be seen as a balanced sequence that dare I say IT has a begining a middle and an e.............. :P

Looking forward to any further comments