WnSoft Forums

Titanic

Paul T

On the 15th April 2012 will be the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic which has had much publicity in the media in the last few weeks. So I’ve put together a collection of old photo’s from books and incorporated them with some photos I took of the 350th scale model I made about twenty years ago. For the technically minded the photo’s were taken on a tripod with a plain background. To obtain the full length of the Titanic in focus I used a program called “Helicon Focus” and “Helicon remote” which allows you to take a series of photo’s (I set it for 12) automatically at predetermined focus points from the bow to the stern operated by the laptop connected to the camera. Once you have the raw files the program will then allow you to stack the image layers and blend them together and the result is outstanding.

This is my tribute for all those who perished. The show is only three minutes thirteen seconds long and is at a screen resolution 1920x1200 and is 56.4 MB in size

http://beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=2068

Paulo,

One again,a super show.

I was looking at Helicon Focus a while back for stacking my Macro photos.

It does a great job here.

Well done,

Davy

Thanks for that glad you liked it. I did a agreat amount of work in photoshop with the model to creat the sea and the wash from the boat. Also the night shots, plus a little artistic licence with the moon. I did buy Helicon focus with the intention of doing macro stacks but not taken any yet.

Paul

Paulo,

A very good show, a fitting tribute to the Titanic who has remained in the memory of millions for a hundred years.

The music was very good and fitted in with the show.

I agree that the Titanic should stay where she is in the depths of the ocean, untouched, a tribute to the 1,517 souls who

lost their lives on that fateful night. May their souls rest in peace.

Colin

Paulo,

A very good show, a fitting tribute to the Titanic who has remained in the memory of millions for a hundred years.

The music was very good and fitted in with the show.

I agree that the Titanic should stay where she is in the depths of the ocean, untouched, a tribute to the 1,517 souls who

lost their lives on that fateful night. May their souls rest in peace.

Colin

I agree, It's now a hundred years today it sunk and out of respect for the dead the wreck should be left alone now, it's been plundered by too many people.

Paulo

Very tastefully done, a real pleasure to watch, thank you.

A great show, and congratulations on both the model and the photography.

Could I be forgiven for pointing out two typo's in the text? First, the second slide mentions "old photograph's" - but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in 'photographs'.

The second, which is unfortunately becoming common, is in the second-to-last slide, the word 'sunk'. In the context of the words in that slide it should be 'sank'. Sank is a verb, the past tense of 'sink', Sunk is a past participle of sink, e.g. The ship sank, the ship was sunk.

Now shoot me!

A great show, and congratulations on both the model and the photography.

Could I be forgiven for pointing out two typo's in the text? First, the second slide mentions "old photograph's" - but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in 'photographs'.

The second, which is unfortunately becoming common, is in the second-to-last slide, the word 'sunk'. In the context of the words in that slide it should be 'sank'. Sank is a verb, the past tense of 'sink', Sunk is a past participle of sink, e.g. The ship sank, the ship was sunk.

Now shoot me!

Thanks! you are correct and will change it.