WnSoft Forums

Rufford Old Hall & Gardens

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

The National Trust is holding a free weekend at various sites, so yesterday with a couple of friends we set off for Rufford Old Hall & gardens which was the nearest to us. As Sarah sat nav has sent us on some dodgy routes out of Southport I headed for Ormskirk which their web site said was the nearest town. As we neared Ormskirk we spotted a sign for Rufford & much to Sarah's relief started on her route, which said destination 9 miles, which was the same as when we left home. So the 9 miles turned into 16.

On arrival we made our way to the disabled car park, one of our party uses a zimmer on wheels to walk. The route into the hall was a mixture of gravel & cobbles, not zimmer friendly. Eventually after taking a few shots of the building & grounds we found the disabled entrance. We were met by an army of NT reps trying to sell us subscriptions & raffle tickets, the girls parted with some cash & we were then informed photography was only allowed in the grounds & Great Hall, B******S!

A bit about the property, started in the 15th century for the Lord Hesketh, whose ancester ran the F1 formula 1 team with James Hunt as principle driver. Built of wattle daub & stone, with the 17th century extension in brick. See the link for more info.

Mechanics, 22MB Mediafire download, 40 slides, 5m 18s run time, 16-9 aspect ratio. 1 music track. Cameras Nikon D90/40 & two 18-105 lenses.

The show isn't in mono, it's just there is a lot of black & white decoration.

Yachtsman1

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Hi,

The subject was fine but on my monitor the images seemed over exposed with the sky's burned out, i realize the weather can be quite crappy in the UK as i used to live in the UK but the pathways also seemed over exposed in some of the images.

Sorry for the negative comments but thought i should tell you what i observed on my monitor.

Rick.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Rick

There was a "light" drizzle when the outside shots were taken, with an overcast sky. The paths are a compressed reddish shale & in one particular shot I've checked looked light gray. I've had another go at that one but it's a case of six & two 3's. Modified shot attached. This was our first serious shoot for a while & afterwards found I had left my camera at 200 ISO, normally for these conditions I usually set it at 400.

Thanks for looking.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-85402300-1335116176_thumb.jp