WnSoft Forums

Further Tests on the Panasonic FZ150 & PTE Compatability

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Got up early again this morning. I was thinking that having an HD quality camera & not being able to use HD in PTE on my hardware should not be correct. So I went into the camera menu again & re-set the movie setting to "AVCHD LITE 1280x720 pixels", I opened PTE & looked for some footage I had just taken using the TV as the subject, as that was the only object with movement at that time of the morning, I opened the folder in PTE, which also contains a couple of on the fly stills & found the movie file was showing the error in the attached screen shot. I dragged the error into PTE & the PTE conversion tab appeared & the opening shot of the clip appeared on the preview screen. After adding a black image & a couple of the stills, I ran it through. There were a couple of glitches at different times in the clip where there was an on screen movement. On a second run through no glitches. Any comments please, particularly from Tom who didn't reply my query on his 720P shooting statement a couple of days ago.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-34595100-1337153324_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Further to my post above, I tried the new demo on my laptop which has an Nvidia GEFORCE GT555M graphics card with an updated driver. The test piece ran smoothly without glitches. During the course of the morning I have also rung the LT manufacturer on an unrelated problem. While I was speaking to them I mentioned the full HD video problems & after a lot of chat & them taking control of the LT I learned my LT has 2 graphics cards, the standard one + the Nvidia. This is done as a battery economy measure to extend the battery life. Apparantly, I had to tell the LT when to use the Nvidia on a particular exe. This is done by right clicking the exe icon & selecting the higher spec card. I was asked to produce a menu with some high spec HD video in a PTE programme & come back to them when it was complete & they will test it and ensure the correct card is activated with that type of file. Another concern someone on here may be able to answer, when using a PTE menue with remote (button) activation of multiple exe's, will the activation button start the correct graphics card. I've written all this in case anyone else is having video/PTE problems.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just as an add on to the above comments, I took a screen shot of the of the Nvidia control panel where the association is to be made.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-63880400-1337180276_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi all you video head scratchers. I am still experimenting with the camera to try to find the best for the least size. I set the camera to AVCH "Lite" (Panasonic speak I assume). Shot a few clips & ran them through a couple of converters with poor results, in one case no result at all. So I then set up a PTE test bed called "Singalong", got the blue square error signals on a couple of the conversions in the slide list. The original from the camera being one, however when the original clip blue square is dragged from the slide list it changes to the opening frame of the clip & the PTE optimisation screen appears, I allowed it to optimise & also non optimise. Both play fine in PTE no jitters, Question, does Igor need to add the codecs for the various Panasonic camera shooting modes to get rid of the blue squares???

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-73908800-1337354400_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

I've had the camera about 6 weeks now. Apart from a few quirks I am very happy with it. On the down side it is not as robust as my previous D90 & I am very careful handling it. It isn't a dedicated video camera regarding controls but is much more user friendly shooting video than the D90. I have modified the viewfinder to prevent it scratching my spectacles & will be modifying the video button as per a previous post. On the plus side it takes great pictures & video & makes one want to take the video side further. Which reminds me of a suggestion I made earlier to the effect video could inhibit the artistic juices in using the animation & other features in PTE.

Yesterday we visited the local Botanic Gardens where Skelmersdale Prize Band was giving an open air concert. We took our cameras & the Olympus recorder, secured two seats on the front row & for the next 45 minutes shot stills video & recorded sounds from the band & audience. When we got home I put the best of the pictures video & sounds into a PTE show, allowing PTE to optomise the video. The result was a show of around 25 minutes (needs to be cleaned up), but was horrified to find the Exe was almost 1.3GB, hopefully I will be able to trim this down by editing & further conversion of the video clips. I have uploaded part of one of the unedited clips onto Flickr, anyone interested can see it here. Unfortunately Flickr cut the end on the upload.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_shepherd/7175653323/in/pool-espic_digital_media

There are also some pictures on my photostream on Flickr. Obviously I won't be posting the completed exe. :(

Yachtsman1.