WnSoft Forums

Madeira

sospan

Hi Ray,

Thanks for bringing back many great memories of Madeira, our most favourite island resort. The island certainly has seen quite a lot of development since we were there but it was great to see the Levadas and the beautiful tropical flowers. A nicely put together show, if slightly long for the casual viewer, and nice relaxing music which exemplifies Madeira.

Mickp

Thank you for watching and your comments, I agree it was a little to long. Madeira is a beautiful island and a walkers paradise, amazing how they built the levads in the most remote locations. The small villages up in the mountains were a joy to visit with their well maintained terrace garden plots, everything grew so well. The people were very friendly and the cafes/bars provided excellent refreshments before catching the local bus back into town. A return visit is a must for me.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Really enjoyed this AV. As Mick commented it is a bit long but I must say I did not get bored and was very impressed with the quality and composition of your 16:9 format pictures. I am having difficulty in suggesting what pictures could be removed. You have demonstrated how ideal walking (including its difficulties and dangers) is for photography by having time to take pictures at leisure and from viewpoints inaccessible by car. Having not visited the island, I appreciated the titles. I can understand your attraction to return there. The music was well chosen. Thanks.

Regards, Roger

I think walking around with a camera is a great pastime, taking one along with you to record a journey, doubly so.

Some very stunning photos there showing great views and precarious paths; what more could a walking party want.

I thought you were just pushing the boundaries of duration, which, if too long can tip a viewers overall opinion of a presentation. There were a few similar images at the beginning that are good images, but are not adding anything to the overall presentation and could come out.

I say this not because I just want something to say, but because I think this is a very good slideshow.

Good choice of subject and music and a great way of looking back in years to come.

Thank you for sharing it.

Morturn,

Thank you for your comments which are appreciated, I agree that it was to long but like most people find it difficult as to which images to leave out. I will reduce the overall number of pictures, particularly the similar images at the start which you so rightly pointed out.

Initially the slideshow was for my benefit only being a reminder of a great holiday. Then decided to share images of this beautiful island.

Ray.