WnSoft Forums

Procesion del Encuentro

dadou

This procession is a village one ( Peniscola , Spain ) : very simple, without a tourist, few flowers on purpose (because of the crisis...).

Easter sunday. Half past eight.

The sky is blue but a cold wind is blowing on Peñiscola.

The procession of "el Encuentro" is beginning.

In fact the Virgin of la Ermita is coming out of the castle church and goes through the streets of the top of Peñiscola.

At the same time, the Christ is coming out of the parish church and crosses the bottom of the village.

They meet, front to front, in the middle of the main street ; the Virgin turns back after being greeted by the firecrackers and goes with the Christ to the parish church. She then goes back to her church.

All comments are welcome

36 Mo

Aspect : 16 x 10

5'59"

For PC : here

For Mac : there

Thank to Bill for hosting.

Well! Never have I seen a festival with so many poeple looking so miserable. I really could not spot one that looked as though they were enjoying it. Maybe it has deep religious significance but if you cannot enjoy your religion, then what's the point. But, hey, great A/V and I will watch again with a little more detatchment from the gloomy faces and add a more positive comment.

Thank you , Rick235 . I use to expose on the right of the histogram to have matter in the white walls .

Mickp : I can understand you , but all this people do voluntary this procession and is happy to do it . The religious sense is very deep in Sapin ; great mysticals are spanish . But , half an hour later , they were in restaurants eating eastern cakes and drinking wine . All the autorities of the village are present ... Each country has his way to pratice religion and other way of life , and , for me , it is a good thing ! Sorry for my poor english ...

Regards

daniel

Hi Daniel,

I take your point in this being an important religious festival but I am glad things lightened up a bit later. I had another look at your show, this time concentrating on the photography and of course it was first class. I guess the morning light was a big help with exposures but they were all spot on. I seem to remember a similar show/s (I think it was you) where the light was much harsher and the walls even whiter and you handled that very well. I also enjoyed the soundtrack that added greatly to the show.

Your English is much better than my French!